There are so many good episodes of The IT Crowd, but which ones really stand out? Do you like "The Work Outing" the best, or is "The Dinner Party" your favorite episode of The IT Crowd? To determine once and for all what the best episodes of The IT Crowd are, let's rank every The IT Crowd episode from best to worst.
Premiering on February 3, 2006, The IT Crowd aired for four seasons on Britain's Channel 4, concluding after seven years on September 27, 2013. As its title suggests, the office comedy centered on an IT department (at the fictional Reynholm Industries) and its workers: Roy Trenneman (Chris O'Dowd), Maurice Moss (Richard Ayoade), and Jen Barber (Katherine Parkinson), who was actually non-technical despite what her resume said. At the 2006 Comedy.co.uk Awards, The IT Crowd was named "Best New British Sitcom" and went on to win multiple honors, including at the BAFTAs. An American version of The IT Crowd has been attempted twice (2007, 2014), but never made it to production. Another try is in the works as of January 2018.
Vote up your favorite episodes of The IT Crowd, and downvote any bad episodes that you really didn't enjoy, despite how much you love the series as a whole. It can be painful to put one The IT Crowd episode over the other when there are so many good ones, which is why you can vote on however many episodes you like.
- 19916Season 2 Episode 1: Roy, Moss and Jen gets invited to the theatre and it dosen't turn out so good
- 9016Season 3 Episode 2: A new football translation website allows Moss and Roy to speak like cockney football fans, and they decide to use the service to get some new friends (who are real men) in a pub. They easily make friends by lying about football related topics they know nothing about. Meanwhile, Jen is having trouble on a date with a man who looks and acts like a stage magician. Later on, Roy unsuspectingly helps a robbery which his 'new friends' commit.
- 9522Season 2 Episode 4: Jen has met someone normal, and plans for a nice dinner party go astray unless Jen invites her workmates at said dinner party.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Jen goes on a bad date with a coworker. She doesn't want to talk to him so she tells Moss to lie to him. Moss tells him that Jen is dead.
- Season 4 Episode 2: Moss becomes a celebrity by beating all records on a popular puzzle show...at the other end of human life Roy is mistaken for a window cleaner, while Jen is pre-occupied with Douglas' secret meetings with lots of women in fluffy dressing gowns.
- 8718Season 3 Episode 4: After winning Reynholm Industries' Employee of the Month, Jen finds herself less than inspired to write the acceptance speech she must present at the weekly shareholders' meeting on Friday. When she turns to Roy and Moss for help, they see a prime opportunity to humiliate Jen in retaliation for winning the award even though "to a casual observer it would appear that (she does) very little," and present her with a visual aid, on loan from the top of Big Ben ("that's where you get the best reception") and completely de-magnetized by Stephen Hawking himself: "The Internet."
- 616Season 3 Episode 5: A new social networking website known as Friendface starts up and Roy, Moss and Jen become members. This slowly becomes an obsession when Jen is invited online to a school reunion and Roy meets his old girlfriend. In an attempt to "big herself up", Jen bribes Moss to act as her husband during the party. Meanwhile Roy, unable to find an easy way to tell his ex that he is no longer attracted to her, tells her he has since fallen in love with Jen and offers to meet her. When he discovers that Moss is already playing the part of Jen's husband both men leave.
- Season 2 Episode 3: Jen complains that Roy and Moss spend too much time together, so Moss takes a German cooking class.
- 6016Season 1 Episode 2: Denholm invites a Stressexpert when he starts war against stress. Jen have a shoe problem which have a serious effect.
- Season 4 Episode 4: Roy gets obsessed by his latest girlfriend's sad family history, and Jen tells an absolute whopper to get some attention.
- 5213Season 1 Episode 4: Moss put a picture of his head on his cup, but it gets lost. Jen becomes curious about the red door behind Roys desk. When Roy and Moss is gone, she goes in the room and finds Richmond.
- 5012Season 4 Episode 5: Roy and Moss become juvenile delinquents for the day and have an uncomfortable experience at a shopping centre.
- Season 5 Episode 1: Jen and Roy go viral over some spilt coffee, whilst Moss learns the secret of success and Douglas discovers how the 99% live.
- Season 2 Episode 2: Denholm dies and they have to go to the funeral and Roy is worried about dying.
- 4412Season 1 Episode 6: Jen has her period and she sees the same symptom with Roy and Moss. They say that it's no way that thats possible but they reconsider the possibility. They even get their own website.
- Season 3 Episode 3: Following a disappointing settlement to a sexual harassment lawsuit, Jen interviews for a new job where she is asked what IT stands for, Roy ends up on the streets after a series of unfortunate events at work (and manages to crash a minute of silence for the dead colleague), Moss gets slightly concussed and Douglas has problems with his sexy electrical undies.
- 3712Season 3 Episode 1: After Roy goes to Jen's house to retrieve £5, he sees Jen's builder who he recognises as a Builder from Hell. This convinces Jen to keep an eye on him, so he doesn't urinate in her sinks. On his way to work, Moss is harassed by a group of teenagers so he gets lessons on how to stand up to them from Roy.
- 4623Season 4 Episode 1: Jen wants to stretch herself in the workplace, and applies for the post of Entertainment Manager. When she finds out that amusing Douglas' business connections has its darker side however, she has to turn to Moss and Roy for help.
- Season 2 Episode 5: Moss invents something to help Jen with an issue she has, and this invention is an opportunity for enterprise.
- Season 4 Episode 3: Douglas becomes a Spaceologist, Roy's life is changed by a bad back, and Jen gets involved with a rock band.
- 3110Season 1 Episode 1: Jen starts at Reynholm industries as the IT Manager. But it turns out she dosen't know anything about computers.
- 3317Season 1 Episode 3: When Roy gets dumped after a date, he starts believing that girls go for "bad boys" and creates a fake profile on a dating site and, surprisingly, gets a response. Meanwhile, Jen starts flirting with a security guard.
- 3519Season 3 Episode 6: The girls of seventh floor have the idea of making a nude calendar as a fundraiser for the victims of bosseyedness and Roy is chosen to be the photographer. The idea offends Jen, so she persuades the girls to do a nude calendar of elderly women instead. When Douglas makes her responsible for making at least a million pounds with the calendar she wants to return to the original idea. However, the women of the seventh floor have already been dissuaded from the idea by Jen's philosophy so Roy has to trick his stereotypical science geek friends into performing "sexy" poses.
- Season 2 Episode 6: Jen gets a promotion to be Douglas PA and Roy and Moss miss her.
- Season 4 Episode 6: Douglas finds marriage agrees with him - for all of two weeks. He finds himself in court - defending himself - with the help of Jen, Roy and Moss and others.