There are so many good episodes of The Man in the High Castle, but which ones really stand out? Do you like "Fallout" the best, or is "Detonation" your favorite episode of The Man in the High Castle? To determine once and for all what the best episodes of The Man in the High Castle are, let's rank every The Man in the High Castle episode from best to worst.
A collaborative Amazon Studios production, The Man in the High Castle made its streaming debut in January 2015. Loosely based on Philip K. Dick's 1962 novel of the same name, The Man in the High Castle takes place in an alternate, dystopian America. Each season is 10 episodes, and they run for an hour. For its first season, The Man in the High Castle won the Emmy for outstanding cinematography (single-series) and for "Outstanding Main Title Design."
Vote up your favorite episodes of The Man in the High Castle, and downvote any bad episodes that you really didn't enjoy, despite how much you love the series as a whole. It can be painful to put one The Man in the High Castle episode over the other when there are so many good ones, which is why you can vote on however many episodes you like.
Season 2 Episode 10: Tagomi enlists Kido in a deception to save Japan from destruction. As Smith's life crumbles around him, he makes a dangerously bold play to hold onto his power. Joe tries to do the right thing but suffers the ultimate betrayal. Juliana must make a heart-wrenching choice that will shape the future of the world.
- Season 1 Episode 6: Joe celebrates VA day at Smith's house. Juliana accepts a job working for Tagomi as she continues her search for answers. Smith invites an old friend to join the celebrations with surprising results.
- Season 2 Episode 9: Tagomi faces a dilemma: to stay with his family or return to the world he left behind. Desperate to escape the Reich, Juliana strikes a final, dangerous deal with the Resistance. When Ed reveals a secret that puts the Resistance plan in jeopardy, Frank must decide how to deal with his best friend’s betrayal.
- Season 1 Episode 1: It's 1962, America has lost WWII; the east is the Greater Nazi Reich and the west, the Japanese Pacific States. Amidst this oppression there is new hope - films that seem to show a different world. When her sister gives her a film and is then murdered, a woman comes to believe the films hold the key to freedom and becomes obsessed with finding their mysterious guardian, The Man in the High Castle.
- 21Season 1 Episode 2: Frank's fate hangs in the balance as he is held captive by the Kempeitai. Meanwhile, Juliana makes contact with a mysterious man who gives her a clue about the films, and Obergruppenführer Smith is surprised by an unfortunate turn of events.
- Season 1 Episode 3: Joe and Juliana must act quickly as a vicious bounty hunter known as The Marshal arrives in Canon City. Tagomi makes plans with Wegener to pass valuable secrets from the Reich, and Frank plots his revenge against the Japanese.
- Season 1 Episode 4: Joe is increasingly torn between duty and his growing feelings for Juliana. While Ed tries to stop Frank from making an irrevocable decision, Smith's investigation is interrupted when he has trouble with his witness, and Tagomi's plan goes awry as events take a dramatic turn at the Crown Prince's speech.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Juliana returns home, only to discover new clues that lead her closer to unravelling the mystery behind the films. Meanwhile, Joe faces a tough debriefing upon his return home. Kido begins his investigation into the events surrounding the Crown Prince's Speech, while Tagomi and Wegener make a last-ditch attempt to complete their mission.
- 00Season 1 Episode 7: Juliana makes a startling discovery about her sister's death. Frank reflects on recent events and makes an important decision about his future, and Tagomi gains greater insight into Juliana's past.
- Season 1 Episode 8: Juliana and Frank make plans to escape the Pacific States, only to be dragged back into danger by Joe as he tries to retrieve a new film. Meanwhile, Smith's loyalty is put to the ultimate test when confronted with a startling family discovery.
- 50Season 1 Episode 9: With time running out, a desperate Frank is forced to put his life on the line to help Joe. The pieces finally fall into place for Smith as he uncovers who was behind the assassination attempt. Tagomi is devastated when he's confronted with the consequences of his scheming, and Kido's investigation takes a dramatic turn when he makes an important discovery.
- Season 1 Episode 10: As revelations abound, Juliana is forced to make the hardest decision of her life. Wegener returns to Germany to carry out his mission. Smith risks becoming the prey as he goes hunting with his assassin, and Kido desperately tries to close his investigation before his time runs out.
- Season 2 Episode 1: Juliana is captured by the Resistance and faces the consequences for her betrayal. She gets long-sought answers about the past but they raise even more disturbing questions about the future - and it’s not just her own under threat. Joe makes it to New York but the journey makes him question everything he’s trusted. Frank tries to get Ed out of an impossible situation - but at what cost to both?
- Season 2 Episode 2: After narrowly escaping death, Juliana discovers a family secret that could have global implications - and leads her to make a life-changing decision… Kido, Tagomi, and Frank all take dangerous risks, while back in New York, Joe settles into a normal routine, only to have it turned upside down when Smith gives him the opportunity he’s waited for his whole life.
- Season 2 Episode 3: Fighting to acclimatize to the strange new world of Nazi New York, Juliana seeks out the one person she thinks she can trust: Joe Blake. Angry and defiant after Juliana’s departure, Frank is drawn to the Resistance movement and its charismatic leader. Joe confronts his own identity when he finally meets his father.
- Season 2 Episode 4: Juliana discovers she’s far from safe from the Resistance in the Reich. Smith confronts the reality of the lengths he’s willing to go to in order to protect his son. And another father - Joe’s - tries to persuade him to give Berlin a chance. Frank also has a decision to make: how far is he prepared to go to help the Resistance cause?
- Season 2 Episode 5: Joe learns a truth about his past that makes him question everything. The rift between Frank and Ed widens as Frank is drawn further into the Resistance. In order to assure her safety, Juliana must betray someone close to her.
- 20Season 2 Episode 6: Nicole introduces Joe to an unexpected side of Berlin, that leads him down a new path. On her new mission, Juliana inserts herself into the Smith’s inner circle. Tagomi is finally reunited with his family, only to be faced with the prospect of losing them again.
- Season 2 Episode 7: As Juliana worms closer to the Smiths, she discovers a dangerous secret. Childan and Ed get themselves in a sticky situation as they try to settle the Yakuza debt. On a Resistance mission, Frank uncovers a Japanese plan that could realize his worst nightmare.
- Season 2 Episode 8: Juliana gathers intel for the Resistance that could trigger WWIII. When the political situation in Berlin becomes unsafe, Joe must make a choice that could put his life in danger. Frank learns the truth about Juliana, leading him to question his newfound Resistance family.