There are so many good episodes of Transparent, but which ones really stand out? Do you like "Man on the Land" the best, or is "Kina Hora" your favorite episode of Transparent? To determine once and for all what the best episodes of Transparent are, let's rank every Transparent episode from best to worst.
Debuting on Amazon in 2014, Transparent stars Jeffrey Tambor as Maura Pfefferman, a retired college professor who comes out to her family as a transgender woman. The series is critically acclaimed, and has won multiple Golden Globe awards since its debut. Despite the warm reception the show has gotten, the show took a dark turn in real life when Jeffrey Tambor stepped down amidst allegations of sexual harassment. What will season 5 of Transparent look like without him? Hopefully Amazon can figure out a way to make it work, and we can continue enjoying this fantastic series.
Vote up your favorite episodes of Transparent, and downvote any bad episodes that you really didn't enjoy, despite how much you love the series as a whole. It can be painful to put one Transparent episode over the other when there are so many good ones, which is why you can vote on however many episodes you like.
- Season 3 Episode 2: After a health scare, Maura confronts death and her relationship to her body. Sarah hopes to join the MidCity Temple board. Shelly plans a one woman show with Buzzy. Dissatisfied with their lives, Josh and Ali play married couple
- Season 3 Episode 4: Maura gets an exciting peek at the future with a visit to the plastic surgeon's office but fails to muster the same enthusiasm from Vicki on a fun night out. Josh visits an unusually upbeat Rita while Ali and Leslie struggle with intimacy. Sarah finds distraction from her personal troubles by spearheading an unorthodox approach to Judaism.
- Season 3 Episode 5: The Pfefferman family gathers at Hineni to support Sarah's alternative spiritual endeavor. After the news of a close friend's untimely passing, a distressed Josh leans on Raquel for support. Ali ends the night by witnessing the pitfalls of Leslie's prejudices.
- Season 3 Episode 6: Josh hits the road with an unlikely copilot, stirring up some undeniable chemistry along the way. Back at home, Shelly becomes wary of Buzzy's outlandish spending while Ali sees God during a nitrous induced trip at the dentist's office.
- Season 3 Episode 9: After reconnecting with Colton, Josh decides to move to Overland Park, until a concerned Ali travels to him, intending to bring him home. Feeling abandoned, Sarah has trouble controlling her rage. Shelly confronts Buzzy about his spending, leading to some unforeseen revelations. Newly single Maura has an exciting, surprising night out.
- Season 4 Episode 1: An exciting offer draws Maura to Tel Aviv. Hoping for a fresh start, Shelly sells her condo and shacks up with Josh. Grappling with their family’s weird intimacy issues, Sarah, Ali, and Josh attend a sex and love addicts meeting together. Ali rents out the Pfefferman house and contends with weird AirBnBers.
- Season 4 Episode 2: Ali is blindsided when Leslie goes public with the details of their relationship. Sarah is ignited by a new connection with her daughter’s former teacher, Lila. Josh unexpectedly encounters an ex. Shelly takes up improv. Ali joins Maura on her trip to Israel and their journey gets off to a bumpy start.
- Season 4 Episode 3: Sarah tests a new parenting style and is shocked to discover that it works. Josh reconnects with Dr. Steve as tensions rise at home with Shelly. Drawn in by an intriguing new friend, Ali travels to Palestine. Maura makes a life-changing discovery about her family history.
- 64Season 4 Episode 4: Maura and Ali uncover new truths about their family. Shelly gets bold in her improv class. Sparks fly between Sarah, Lila, and Len and they set off to hatch a plan. Josh is haunted by the past.
- Season 4 Episode 5: Maura revisits the night that Ali was born. Davina recalls memories of her youth and comes to terms with her troubled relationship with Sal. Davina and Maura each make a deal with God.
- Season 4 Episode 6: The family convenes for an unusual vacation and encounters a tribe of long-lost Pfeffermans. Ali pulls away from the rest of the family as her political convictions drive her to challenge the binary.
- Season 4 Episode 7: Sarah and Len divert a family outing to visit Lila’s mom, leading to a blowup between the siblings. Ali breaks off from the group to visit her friend Lyfe in Ramallah while the other Pfeffermans engage in some questionably authentic tourism of desert life.
- Season 4 Episode 8: Maura yearns to forge a new relationship but finds the connection strained. Ali is drawn to rejoin her family. Out in the vast desert Josh tries his hand at shooting a gun, leaving Shelly rattled.
- Season 4 Episode 9: Back in Los Angeles, Davina’s stay at the Pfeffermanhouse is rudely interrupted. The Pfeffermans float in the Dead Sea and Ali rushes to meet them but is waylaid at an Israeli checkpoint.
- Season 4 Episode 10: Feeling compelled to learn more about herself in Israel, Ali stays back as the rest of the family returns to Los Angeles. Sarah, Len, and Lila reevaluate their complicatedrelationship. Josh confronts his sex and love issues head on. Maura and Davina reclaim the Pfefferman house from an unwanted guest.