The Best Characters on HBO's 'Euphoria'
The best characters on Euphoria are both bold and relatable; they’re like the kinds of friends you wish you had, or, in some cases, the friends you wish you could avoid.
The acclaimed HBO drama centers on 17-year-old Rue Bennett (played by Zendaya) as she comes to terms with her struggling addiction while also navigating the perils of high school life. From teenage jock Nate Jacobs, who may not be as tough as everyone thinks, to Rue's childhood friend and arguably the most level-headed of the bunch, Lexi, to Cal, Maddy, and more, Euphoria includes a diverse cast of talented actors and actresses who aren’t afraid to push the boundaries of social norms. Which Euphoria character is your favorite of this comprehensive list of Euphoria actors? For more well written charatcers and great actors, you can also check out other shows like Euphoria.
- Photo: HBO11,624 VOTES
- I'm not gonna help you kill yourself, Rue. I'm sorry, but you can't be coming over here no more. Just go home.
- Everybody gets their feelings hurt. Some people need to get their feelings hurt sometimes.
- Happy New Year, playboy.
- Actor: Angus Cloud
- Photo: HBO21,440 VOTES
- Look, the sidekicks are usually the more sensitive, smarter, more compelling characters. But for some reason, they just get overlooked.
- It's like you have a split personality disorder. Sorry if I miss the old you.
- Like, listen to yourself. It's f*cking exhausting
- Actor: Maude Apatow
- Photo: HBO31,361 VOTES
- Every time I feel good, I think it will last forever... but it doesn't.
- Memories exist outside of time.
- I know it all may seem sad, but guess what? I didn't build this system, nor did I f*ck it up.
- Actor: Zendaya
- Photo: HBO41,144 VOTES
- This is a fickle industry. Y'all come and go.
- I thought your ass was dead.
- I don't f*ck with human trafficking.
- Actor: Javon Walton
- Photo: HBO5939 VOTES
- You've got to believe in the poetry. Because everything else in your life will fail you. Including yourself..
- Drugs change who you are as a person.
- You're 17. You don't know shit. You think you're hard? I'm harder. You think you're tough? I'm tougher. You got clean and want to kill yourself? Same motherf*ckin' story here. You want to know why? I'll tell you why. 'Cause you don't know how to live life. You don't have the tools. You're too busy running around, trying to bullshit everybody into thinking you're hard, and you don't give a f*ck, when in reality, you give so much of a f*ck, you can't even bear to be alive. So guess what? New rule. No more wasting my motherf*ckin' time. You wanna use? Use. But the least you can do is be honest. Own that shit.
- Actor: Colman Domingo
- Photo: HBO61,115 VOTES
- Oh, my God. Am I giving off shooter vibes?
- You know, I mean, like, is one of us gonna get hurt? Yeah. Probably. But I'll do my best to make sure that it's me.
- You know, and I know that you think there’s, like, zero chance that we’re gonna be together forever, and, uh… I don’t know. I guess, we’re both juniors, so you’re probably right about that.
- Actor: Austin Abrams