The best reality fashion competition shows strut their stuff and show off fun and innovative fashions while adding the excitement of competition. Some fashion series are straight-forward and all about the clothes, while other fashion competition TV shows go beyond the closet and into equally gorgeous runway-adjacent worlds.
Project Runway might be the biggest fashion competition name, but it's not alone in mixing couture and competition. Newer series Making the Cut and network series Fashion Star use a similar format of limiting fashion designers in time, theme, and materials and then judging the results. The same kind of competition, but with different mediums, are series like Shear Genius and Project Accessory, which focus on other fashion aspects than clothes. America's Next Top Model embodies fashion competition without any clothes at all - since the contestants are competing in who can wear a look best.
Vote up the best fashion competition shows and vote down the series that should stay off the runway!
- 1193 VOTESNext In Fashion (Netflix, 2020) is a reality series hosted by Alexa Chung and Tan France. Over ten episodes, eighteen designers compete in rounds based on design trends and styles that influence what people wear worldwide.
- Actors: Tan France, Alexa Chung
- Premiered: January 29, 2020
- Photo: Project Runway All Stars277 VOTESFashion designers compete for prizes.
- Actors: Anne Fulenwider, Zanna Roberts Rassi, Joanna Coles
- Premiered: January 5, 2012
- Photo: Project Runway3107 VOTESDesigners from around the world compete in the industry's premier fashion competition.
- Actors: Christian Siriano, Tim Gunn
- Premiered: December 1, 2004
- 428 VOTESA competition series in which contestants battle to design authentic street-wear fashion.
- Actors: Speedy Morman
- Premiered: August 12, 2021