The Best Fashions From The 1960s
Many people think of hippie fashion when they think of fashions from the 1960s, but in reality, there were many fashion trends inspired by diverse groups during this groovy decade. From British mod fashion to the classic styles of Jackie Kennedy, 1960s fashion was diverse, with clothing to suit all personalities. This list highlights the best fashions of the 1960s, from psychedelic hippie gear to sophisticated, polished looks.
Women in the 1960s could finally begin to express all types of personalities through their fashion choices. Classic fashionistas often opted for the simple elegance of Audrey Hepburn. Then, there were the women who wanted peace, love, and happiness. They could often be found rocking bell bottoms and tie-dye. Men’s 1960s fashions were equally diverse, with some of the best '60s trends coming straight from London.
Whether your favorite 1960s style is mod, rocker, or hippie, you’ll find all the greatest 1960s fashions and trends on this list.
1. Mini-skirtPhoto: Jac. de Nijs/Anefo / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0 NL
2. Levi'sPhoto: Follow That Dream / United Artists
3. Capri TrousersPhoto: Sabrina / Paramount Pictures
4. Shift DressPhoto: Barefoot in the Park / Paramount Pictures
5. Go-Go BootsPhoto: Jack de Nijs/Anefo / Wikimedia Commons / Public domain
6. TurtleneckPhoto: Bullitt / Warner Bros.-Seven Arts