While CIA agents are out gallivanting across the world causing coups and destabilizing regions, the Federal Bureau of Investigation frequently concerns itself with what's actually happening on American soil. They don't usually carry quite as much baggage, and so FBI characters are often perfect pop culture heroes. The greatest FBI characters in film and TV are the Donnie Brascos and the Johnny Utahs, hunting down criminals and making sure we can sleep safely knowing that someone, somewhere, is out there protecting us. Crime stands no chance against the FBI's best and brightest.
But even though they're all working for America, surely some of them are better at keeping us safe than others. After all, Taken's Bryan Mills had already retired from the FBI when he successfully tracked down his daughter's captors. Does that qualify him as the greatest FBI agent of all time, or should that honor go to someone like Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs for going toe-to-toe with the creepiest serial killer ever?
It's up to you to decide! Vote up the best fictional FBI characters you think are the best at safeguarding your security. Is there somebody we missed? Add them to the list!
- Fox William Mulder is a fictional character in the Fox science fiction-supernatural television series The X-Files, played by David Duchovny. An FBI Special Agent, Mulder's peers consider his theories ...more
- Dana Scully is a fictional character in the Fox science fiction-supernatural television series The X-Files, played by Gillian Anderson. Scully is an FBI agent, partnered with fellow Special Agent Fox ...more
- FBI Special Agent Dale Bartholomew Cooper, portrayed by Kyle MacLachlan, is a fictional character and the protagonist of the ABC television series Twin Peaks. He briefly appears in the prequel film ...more
- Clarice M. Starling is a fictional character and the protagonist of the novels The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal by Thomas Harris. In the film adaptation of The Silence of the Lambs, she was ...more
- Dr. Spencer Reid is a fictional character from the CBS crime drama Criminal Minds, portrayed by Matthew Gray Gubler. Reid is a genius with an IQ of 187 and can read 20,000 words per minute with an ...more
- Eliot Ness is a fictional character from the 1987 film The Untouchables. ...more
- Seeley Joseph Booth is a fictional character in the US television series Bones, portrayed by David Boreanaz. Agent Booth is a co-protagonist of the series with his wife Dr. Temperance Brennan, whom ...more
- Johnny Utah is a fictional character from the 1991 film Point Break. ...more
- Jason Gideon is a fictional character from the TV series Criminal Minds. ...more
- David Rossi is a fictional character from the 2005 tv series Criminal Minds. ...more
- Temperance "Bones" Brennan, Ph.D. is a fictional character portrayed by Emily Deschanel in the American Fox television series Bones. An anthropologist, forensic anthropologist, and kinesiologist, she ...more
- Gracie Hart is a fictional character from the 2000 film Miss Congeniality and 2005 film Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous. ...more
- FBI agent Olivia Dunham (played by Anna Torv) is a fictional character in the American television show Fringe. Assigned to the Fringe Division, Olivia is a loner and dedicates almost all of her time ...more
Places Lived: Jonathan Groff
- Melvin Purvis is a fictional character from the 1975 film The Kansas City Massacre. ...more
- The Siege
Anthony 'Hub' HubbardAnthony 'Hub' Hubbard is a fictional character from the 1998 film The Siege.
- Catch Me If You Can, Catch Me If You Can
Carl HanrattyCarl Hanratty is a fictional character from Catch Me If You Can.
- Special Agent George Huang, M.D. is a fictional character on the TV drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. He is portrayed by B.D. Wong. ...more
Places Lived: Holt McCallany
- FBI Special agent Charlie Francis (played by Kirk Acevedo) is a fictional character in the American television show Fringe. He is a close friend and colleague of Olivia Dunham, who often comes to him ...more
- Joseph D. 'Joe' Pistone is the fictional representation of former FBI agent Joseph Dominick Pistone. ...more
- The fictional representation of J. Edgar Hoover. ...more
- G Men
Agent Brick Davis
Places Lived: James Cagney