While CIA agents are out gallivanting across the world causing coups and destabilizing regions, the Federal Bureau of Investigation frequently concerns itself with what's actually happening on American soil. They don't usually carry quite as much baggage, and so FBI characters are often perfect pop culture heroes. The greatest FBI characters in film and TV are the Donnie Brascos and the Johnny Utahs, hunting down criminals and making sure we can sleep safely knowing that someone, somewhere, is out there protecting us. Crime stands no chance against the FBI's best and brightest.
But even though they're all working for America, surely some of them are better at keeping us safe than others. After all, Taken's Bryan Mills had already retired from the FBI when he successfully tracked down his daughter's captors. Does that qualify him as the greatest FBI agent of all time, or should that honor go to someone like Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs for going toe-to-toe with the creepiest serial killer ever?
It's up to you to decide! Vote up the best fictional FBI characters you think are the best at safeguarding your security. Is there somebody we missed? Add them to the list!
- 8424Fox William Mulder is a fictional character in the Fox science fiction-supernatural television... more
- 8627Dana Scully is a fictional character in the Fox science fiction-supernatural television series... more
- 5331FBI Special Agent Dale Bartholomew Cooper, portrayed by Kyle MacLachlan, is a fictional... more
- 5534Clarice M. Starling is a fictional character and the protagonist of the novels The Silence of... more
- 2410Dr. Spencer Reid is a fictional character from the CBS crime drama Criminal Minds, portrayed... more
- 2210Eliot Ness is a fictional character from the 1987 film The Untouchables.... more
- 4438Seeley Joseph Booth is a fictional character in the US television series Bones, portrayed by... more
Places Lived: Jonathan Groff
- 2822Jason Gideon is a fictional character from the TV series Criminal Minds.... more
- 2822Johnny Utah is a fictional character from the 1991 film Point Break.... more
- 157David Rossi is a fictional character from the 2005 tv series Criminal Minds.... more
- 3333Temperance "Bones" Brennan, Ph.D. is a fictional character portrayed by Emily Deschanel in the... more
- 2523FBI agent Olivia Dunham (played by Anna Torv) is a fictional character in the American... more
- 2324Gracie Hart is a fictional character from the 2000 film Miss Congeniality and 2005 film Miss... more
Lincoln LeeFringeLincoln Lee is a fictional character on the Fox television series Fringe. Lincoln first... more
Places Lived: Holt McCallany
- Special Agent George Huang, M.D. is a fictional character on the TV drama Law & Order: Special... more
- 1217Melvin Purvis is a fictional character from the 1975 film The Kansas City Massacre.... more
Carl HanrattyCatch Me If You Can, Catch Me If You CanCarl Hanratty is a fictional character from Catch Me If You Can....
- 917FBI Special agent Charlie Francis (played by Kirk Acevedo) is a fictional character in the... more
Agent Mike WarrenGraceland
Agent Paul BriggsGraceland
- 514Joseph D. 'Joe' Pistone is the fictional representation of former FBI agent Joseph Dominick... more
Places Lived: Emily Blunt