You’ve had a bad day and just want to put the TV on something nice and forget your troubles. These positive TV shows should do the trick. Many will make you laugh, some will warm your heart, and others may make you crave a macaroni and cheese hamburger from a local dive. If you’re feeling down, check out these uplifting TV shows.
Although the mantra of Seinfeld is “no hugging, no learning,” that does not mean that it’s not part of feel-good television. There is no better remedy for sadness than laughter. Many of these top feel-good shows are considered the most hilarious in television history, from the timelessness of I Love Lucy to the biting satire of The Simpsons.
There are only nice shows here, no serial killer shows or heavy, weighty dramas on this collection of good, ol' feel-good television. Not that there is anything wrong with those kind of shows, there’s simply a time and place for everything. So grab a snack, wrap yourself up in a blanket, and binge-watch these top feel-good shows. You can always check out the best feel-good movies as well.
Make your voice heard. Vote up your favorite TV shows for when you're sad.
- 27192The Good Place (NBC, 2016) is an American fantasy-comedy television series created by Michael Schur. Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell) and three other individuals (William Jackson Harper, Jameela... more
- 380160Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC, 2013) is an American police procedural comedy television series created by Dan Goor and Michael Schur. Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg), an immature but talented NYPD detective in... more
- 328133Parks and Recreation (NBC, 2009) is an American television sitcom created by Greg Daniels and Michael Schur. The series follows Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), a perky mid-level bureaucrat, and her parks... more
- 441220Friends (NBC, 1994) is an American sitcom television series created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman. The personal and professional lives of six friends (Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa... more
- 325150The Office (NBC, 2005) is an American mockumentary sitcom television series developed by Greg Daniels, based on the 2001 British series. Led by manager Michael Scott (Steve Carell), the office of... more
- 824Ted Lasso (Apple TV+, 2020) is an American sports comedy television series created by Bill Lawrence and Jason Sudeikis and is a continuation of a character Sudeikis portrayed in promos for NBC's... more
- 252121Modern Family (ABC, 2009) is an American comedy television sitcom created by Francisco Bobadilla. Three different but related families face trials and tribulations in their own unique way from the... more
- 248122New Girl (Fox, 2011) is an American sitcom television series created by Elizabeth Meriwether. A quirky teacher (Zooey Deschanel) moves into a Los Angeles loft with three men (Jake Johnson, Max... more
- 253132Gilmore Girls (The WB, 2000) is an American comedy-drama television series created by Amy Sherman-Palladino. In the fictional town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut, a thirty-something single mother... more
- 284161How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 2005) is an American sitcom created by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays. Through a series of flashbacks, Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) recounts to his children the journey he and... more
- 14872The Golden Girls is an American sitcom, created by Susan Harris, that originally aired on NBC from September 14, 1985, to May 9, 1992. Starring Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan, and Estelle... more
- 17192Community (NBC, 2009) is an American comedy television series created by Dan Harmon. After being disbarred for faking his college degree, a narcissist lawyer (Joel McHale) enrolls in community... more
- 17195Scrubs (NBC, 2001) is an American medical comedy-drama television series created by Bill Lawrence. In the unreal world of Sacred Heart Hospital, intern John "J.D." Dorian (Zach Braff) learns the ways... more
- 205143The Big Bang Theory (CBS, 2007) is an American television sitcom created by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. A woman (Kaley Cuoco) who moves into an apartment across the hall from two brilliant but... more
- The Great British Bake Off (also called Bake Off or GBBO) is a British television baking competition, produced by Love Productions, in which a group of amateur bakers compete against each other in a... more
- 14193Hart of Dixie (The CW, 2011) is an American comedy-drama television series created by Leila Gerstein. Rachel Bilson stars as Dr. Zoe Hart, a New Yorker who, after her dreams of becoming a heart... more
- 6835Bob's Burgers (FOX, 2011) is an American animated comedy television series created by Loren Bouchard. The series centers on the Belcher family — parents Bob and Linda and their children Tina, Gene... more
- 8049I Love Lucy is an American television sitcom starring Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance, and William Frawley. The black-and-white series originally ran from October 15, 1951, to May 6, 1957, on... more
- 9973The Simpsons is an American animated sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical depiction of a middle class American lifestyle epitomized by the... more
- 7955Frasier (NBC, 1993) is an American sitcom television series created by David Angell, Peter Casey, and David Lee, and a spinoff of Cheers. After his divorce, psychiatrist Dr. Frasier Crane (Kelsey... more
- 6947Cheers is an American sitcom that ran for eleven seasons between 1982 and 1993. The show was produced by Charles/Burrows/Charles Productions in association with Paramount Network Television for NBC... more
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix, 2015) is an American web television sitcom created by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock. After being rescued from a doomsday cult, an optimistic young woman (Ellie... more
- Everybody Loves Raymond is an American television sitcom starring Ray Romano, Patricia Heaton, Doris Roberts, Peter Boyle, Brad Garrett, and Monica Horan. It originally ran on CBS from September 13,... more
- 9277Full House (ABC, 1987) is an American sitcom created by Jeff Franklin. The show chronicles a widowed father, who enlists his best friend and his brother-in-law to help raise his three daughters.... more
- 695630 Rock (NBC, 2006) is an American satirical sitcom television series created by Tina Fey. Head writer Liz Lemon (Fey) tries to run her sketch comedy show, while dealing with an arrogant boss (Alec... more