Which of these films are the best movie about dating in High school? That's what we are here to determine with the help of your votes. High school is a time of contradictions. It's both magical and excruciating, both exciting and exhausting, and nowhere is it more confusing than in the world of dating and relationships.
These dating in high school films range from relatively realistic films like The Fault In Our Stars, to musical romps, like Grease. They show all sides of dating in high school. The unspoken crushes, the tempestuous romances, the bullies, and the broken hearts.
Teenage romcoms like these are a relatively new genre. They got their start with the films of John Hughes in the 80s, films like Pretty In Pink, Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club. Since then, the genre has exploded, with the popular teen movies of the 90s like 10 Things I Hate About You, which helped launch the career of Heath Ledger. While the genre never really went away, it's recently experienced a resurgence, thanks to movies like Netflix's To All The Boys I've Loved Before.
So whether you're in high school right now or you're looking to relive those times, take a look at this list of the best dating in high school movies. Vote for your favorites, and add anything we might have missed.
- 87The Perfect Date is a 2019 American comedy film directed by Chris Nelson, based on the novel... more
- 78Bring It On is a 2000 American teen comedy film that was directed by Peyton Reed and written... more
- 1013This film is a 1985 American teen romantic comedy film starring John Cusack and written and... more
- 811Superbad is a 2007 American teen comedy film directed by Greg Mottola and starring Jonah Hill... more
- 1016Mean Girls is a 2004 American teen comedy film. Mark Waters directed, and Tina Fey wrote the... more
- 716She's All That is a 1999 American teen romantic comedy film directed by Robert Iscove and... more
- 410What a Girl Wants is a 2003 American film starring Amanda Bynes, Colin Firth, Kelly Preston... more
- 413Drive Me Crazy is a 1999 teen romantic comedy based on the novel How I Created My Perfect Prom... more
- 224Juno is a 2007 Canadian-American comedy-drama film directed by Jason Reitman and written by... more
- 016Sydney White also known as Sydney White and the Seven Dorks is a 2007 teen comedy film... more
- 021Fright Night is a 2011 American 3D comedy horror film directed by Craig Gillespie. A remake of... more