The Founding Fathers of the United States of America boast luminary names like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, and John Adams. But there were dozens of signers of the Declaration of Independence and delegates to the Constitutional Convention of 1787, many of whom had noteworthy careers in law, politics, and the military. Most of their names are known only to historians or devotees of the period.
There were dozens of people who played key roles in the founding of America, but their names have been overshadowed by the most famous of the Founders. Here's your chance to vote up the Founders that you think have been unfairly forgotten by history, or that people just don't know enough about. Likewise, if you think a Founding Father is overrated or maybe wasn't as important as people think, give them a down vote.The Founding Fathers were a pretty interesting bunch of guys, learn more about them (including a cool essay Benjamin Franklin wrote about flatulence!) on this list of Founding Fathers facts!
- February 22, 1732—Westmoreland County, Virginia3,190 votes
- January 17, 1706—Boston, MA2,882 votes
- April 13, 1743—Shadwell, VA2,870 votes
- January 11, 1757—Charlestown, Saint Kitts and Nevis3,344 votes
- March 16, 1751—Port Conway, VA2,051 votes
- October 30, 1735—Quincy, MA2,164 votes