If you've just finished playing Death Stranding and are looking to play the next great masterpiece, you’ve come to the right place. Ever since the initial trailer for Hideo Kojima’s years-long passion project dropped at E3 way back in 2016, the one-time PS4 exclusive has generated a sort of cult following.
Released at the tail end of 2019, the reception has been pretty divisive: some gamers adored it while others didn’t see the magic. Regardless of which side of the fence you’re on, it's hard to admit that it's not a masterfully crafted game.
From other Kojima classics like Metal Gear Solid V to macabre masterpieces like Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan, this list ranks the best games for fans of Death Stranding. Which game do you think players should try next?
Vote up the games you'd most recommend to other fans of Death Stranding, and vote down the titles you don't agree with.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is an open world action-adventure stealth video game developed by Kojima Productions and directed, co-produced and co-written by Hideo Kojima, currently in development for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The game will serve as a sequel to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and a continuation of the narrative established there, and will carry over the same tagline of Tactical Espionage Operations first used in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Set in 1984, the game follows the mercenary leader Venom Snake as he ventures into Africa and Afghanistan during the Soviet war to exact revenge on the people who destroyed his... more
- Release: 2015
- Developer: Kojima Productions
- Genres (Video game): Action-adventure, stealth
- The Last of Us is an action-adventure survival horror video game developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released for the PlayStation 3 on June 14, 2013; an updated version, The Last of Us Remastered, was released for the PlayStation 4 on July 29, 2014. The player controls Joel, a man tasked with escorting the young Ellie across a post-apocalyptic United States. The Last of Us is played from a third-person perspective; players use firearms, improvised weapons and stealth to defend against hostile humans and zombie-like creatures infected by a mutated strain of the Cordyceps fungus. "Listen mode" lets players locate enemies through a heightened sense of... more
- Release: 2013
- Developer: Naughty Dog
- Genres (Video game): Action-adventure game, Survival horror
- Resident Evil 2 is a survival horror game developed and published by Capcom. A remake of Resident Evil 2 (1998), it follows rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield as they attempt to escape from Raccoon City during a zombie apocalypse. Unlike the original Resident Evil 2, which uses tank controls and fixed camera angles, the remake features "over-the-shoulder" third-person shooter gameplay similar to Resident Evil 4.... more
- Release: 2019
- Developer: Capcom
- Genres (Video game): Survival horror
- Silent Hill is a survival horror video game for the PlayStation published by Konami and developed by Team Silent, a Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo group. The first installment in the Silent Hill series, the game was released in North America in January 1999, and in Japan and Europe later that year. Silent Hill uses a third-person view, with real-time 3D environments. To mitigate limitations of the hardware, developers liberally used fog and darkness to muddle the graphics. Unlike earlier survival horror games that focused on protagonists with combat training, the player character of Silent Hill is an "everyman". The game follows Harry Mason as he searches for his missing adopted... more
- Release: 1999
- Developer: Konami, Team Silent
- Genres (Video game): Action-adventure game, Horror, Puzzle game, Third-person Shooter, Survival horror