The action RPG is one of the most well-populated (and well-loved) genres in gaming, and The Outer Worlds is one of the best additions its had in the past few years. It's a game that, once you finish it, your sad it's over, but the good news is that there are plenty of other games like The Outer Worlds that offer the same addictive gameplay and awesome storylines.
If you're wondering what to play after 'The Outer Worlds', Fallout 4 and Borderline 3 are great choices. Both feature similar gameplay while bringing their own unique traits into the mix. And if you’re looking for something a little more linear, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is sure to please.
Vote up the games you'd most recommend to other fans of The Outer Worlds, and add your own picks if you can’t find them below.
- Fallout 4 is an action role-playing game set in an open world environment, gameplay is similar to that of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, the two previous primary iterations in the series. Returning features include a camera that can switch between a first-person and third-person perspective. Fallout 4 introduces features including a layered armor system, base-building, a dialogue system featuring 111,000 lines of dialogue, and a crafting system which implements every lootable object in the game. Enemies such as Mole Rats, Raiders, Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and Feral Ghouls return, along with the companion Dogmeat.... more on Wikipedia
- Release: 2015
- Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
- Genres (Video game): Action role-playing
- Photo: BiowareMass Effect is a 2007 science fiction action role-playing third person shooter video game developed by BioWare for the Xbox 360 and ported to Microsoft Windows by Demiurge Studios. The Xbox 360 version was released worldwide in November 2007, published by Microsoft Game Studios. The Microsoft Windows version was released on May 28, 2008, published by Electronic Arts. A PlayStation 3 version from Edge of Reality was released through the Mass Effect trilogy and digitally as a standalone title on PlayStation Network in December 2012. The game takes place in the year 2183, with the player assuming direct control of an elite human soldier named Commander Shepard and setting out to explore the... more on Wikipedia
- Release: 2007
- Developer: Edge of Reality, BioWare, Demiurge Studios
- Genres (Video game): Shooter game, Third-person Shooter, Action role-playing game, Action game, Role-playing video game
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a 2015 action role-playing game developed and published by CD Projekt, based on The Witcher series of fantasy novels by Andrzej Sapkowski. It is the sequel to the 2011 game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Played in an open world with a third-person perspective, players control protagonist Geralt of Rivia, a monster hunter known as a witcher, who is looking for his missing adopted daughter on the run from the Wild Hunt: an otherworldly force determined to capture and use her powers.... more on Wikipedia
- Release: 2015
- Developer: CD Projekt RED
- Genres (Video game): Action role-playing game
- Pillars of Eternity is a role-playing video game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Paradox Interactive. It was released for Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux on March 26, 2015. The game is a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, along with Planescape: Torment. Obsidian started a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter for it in September 2012. The campaign raised over US$4 million, which was the highest funded video game at the time. The game uses the Unity engine. The game takes place in the fantasy world of Eora, mainly inside the nation of Dyrwood. The infants in the Dyrwood are plagued by a recent phenomenon in which they become "hollowborn"... more on Wikipedia
- Release: 2015
- Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
- Genres (Video game): Role-playing