List of the best Gilmore Girls episodes, as voted on by other fans of the series. With so many memorable episodes of the show, it's hard to trust just one person's opinion of what the top Gilmore Girls episodes of all time are. Your votes can help determine which episode is number one on this list, ultimately deciding which is the best and only leaving us to wonder who we would pick: Jess or Dean?
Fans of Gilmore Girls are extremely passionate about the show. You knew Melissa McCarthy back when she was Sookie. You fell in love with Dean and saw yourself in Rory. You hated Paris so, so much. Take a moment to remember your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes and the many wonderful stories that took place in Stars Hollow. After you've gone down memory lane, don't forget to check out these other shows like Gilmore Girls!
This list is made up of episodes like "They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They," "Keg! Max!" and "There's the Rub." What is the best Gilmore Girls episode of all time? Look below and find out.
The Bracebridge DinnerSeason 2 Episode 10: While Rory struggles to keep the budding rivalry between Dean and Jess under control, Lorelai invites most of the citizens of Stars Hollow to an elaborate feast...
- Lorelai is determined to win the Stars Hollow Dance Marathon and wrest the trophy from four-time champion Kirk, but has trouble getting a partner until she finally convinces Rory to help her dance ...more
- As Stars Hollow prepares for the Renaissance-themed wedding of Liz and T.J., Kirk feels slighted when Miss Patty chooses someone else as the maypole dance captain; Lorelai discovers an equine visitor ...more
- Rory finally learns her mother can't afford to buy the Dragonfly Inn since financial aid for Yale didn't come through. She decides to take matters into her own hands with a quick visit to her ...more
Luke Can See Her FaceSeason 4 Episode 20: Depressed over the failure of his marriage, Luke resorts to a self-help tape and suddenly realizes that he already knows who his soul mate is.
- Rory is accepted into an elite prep school, which leaves her mother to deal with the large fee associated with her attendance. Lorelai is forced to ask her wealthy and snotty parents, who accept on ...more
- Luke and Lorelai go on their official first date at a restaurant owned by old friends of Luke's parents. Luke reminds Lorelai of how they met, shows her a horoscope she gave him for good luck that ...more
- Momentous changes are in the air as: the Dragonfly Inn approaches opening day by having a shakedown weekend; Rory and Dean take a major step forward in their relationship, to Lorelai's dismay; Emily ...more
- The annual Stars Hollow charity picnic basket lunch auction sparks controversies among couples throughout town; Jess outbids Dean for Rory's basket, causing Dean and Rory to quarrel when Rory abides ...more
The Lorelais' First Day at ChiltonSeason 1 Episode 2: A T-shirt, shorts and cowboy boots clad Lorelai accompanies Rory on her first day at school, drawing disapproving stares from the other mothers and from Lorelai's own mother, Emily.
- It's Thanksgiving, and Lorelai and Rory have dinner at four different places: the Kim's, where Lane has managed to get Dave invited and Lorelai is forced to eat tofurkey; Luke's, where Luke and Jess ...more
- It's Rory's birthday, and her grandmother and mother each plan a party representative of their respective styles; Emily's elegant party so discomfits Rory that they argue; to make peace, Emily and ...more
- Emily and Richard renew their vows in front of 100's of their closest friends with Lorelai as Emily's Maid of Honor, and Rory as Richard's Best Man. Luke gets in a fight with Christopher over ...more
Raincoats & RecipesSeason 4 Episode 22: Lorelai suspects that Luke's intentions towards her have become serious, but she doesn't have time to dwell on the situation as she prepares for the opening of the Dragonfly Inn by inviting friends and family to a test run.
They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?Season 3 Episode 7: Determined to win the annual Stars Hollow 24-hour dance marathon, Lorelai forces Rory to be her partner.
- Amidst her sadness about Christopher, Lorelai has an intriguing dream about Luke; Rory returns from Washington to realize that she still may have feelings for Jess, but a chance encounter at the ...more
- Rory and Paris compete for the honor of speaking at Chilton's Bicentennial; Sookie and Jackson get some very good life (and diaper) changing news; Paris and Rory reconcile; Lorelai runs into Max and ...more
- Sookie's wedding draws near, and both bride and groom are getting frazzled, to say nothing of Michel, who Lorelai has placed in charge of the preparations at the Inn. Lorelai finally relents and goes ...more
- While Luke is willing to lend Lorelai his truck to help Rory move into her dorm, he's not too thrilled when the project turns out to take all day to accommodate Lorelai's last minute shopping trips ...more
- Dean gives Rory her first kiss; fearful of her mother's disapproval, Rory decides not to tell Lorelai for a little while; Lorelai gets stressed when she hears about the kiss from Mrs. Kim instead of ...more
The Deer HuntersSeason 1 Episode 4: Rory has trouble getting good grades at her new school. Lorelai becomes interested in Rory's handsome teacher.
The Festival of Living ArtSeason 4 Episode 7: Stars Hollow hosts the Festival of Living Art, an event in which the townspeople dress up and present tableaux imitating famous paintings. Rory appears in Portrait of a Young Girl Named Antea.
The Lorelais' First Day at YaleSeason 4 Episode 2: Mother and daughter share Rory's first day at Yale University by moving Rory into her dormitory, where she meets a strange new roommate, Tanna (recurring guest star OLIVIA HACK), and learns that her old adversary, Paris, will also be sharing her room.
- During dinner at her mother's, Lorelai finds out that not only is there a formal dance at Chilton, but that Rory doesn't want to go. On the way home, Lorelai convinces Rory that she needs to have ...more
You've Been GilmoredSeason 6 Episode 14: Wanting to get to know her future son-in-law better, Emily asks Lorelai to invite Luke over for dinner. In order to avoid an argument, Lorelai purposely fails to mention that the wedding has been postponed.