The best Gilmore Girls quotes show why the TV show was so beloved by audiences and critics. Lorelai Gilmore, Rory Gilmore, and the show as a whole quickly earned a reputation for sharp, witty dialogue. It also expertly blended humor and drama, so on this list, you'll find a mix of humorous lines as well as quotes that are memorable and heartwarming.
The show ran for seven seasons from 2000 to 2007. The best quotes from Gilmore Girls run across every year the show was on the air. A vast array of characters got a chance to shine, and this list shows how well-written many of the characters were on the show.
What are your favorite Gilmore Girls quotes? Vote for the lines, one liners, and dialogue you could listen to for hours while sipping coffee at Luke's Diner. After you've voted, why don't you check out these other shows that are like Gilmore Girls?
- Photo: Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution159 VOTES
People Are Particularly Stupid Today
Michel Gerard: People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them.
- Photo: Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution251 VOTES
You Have To Sleep
Lorelai Gilmore: You have to sleep, it’s what keeps you pretty.
- Photo: Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution337 VOTES
Lorelai Gilmore: Coffee, please, and a shot of cynicism.
- Photo: Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution444 VOTES
He'd Better Have a Motorcycle
Lorelai Gilmore: If you're gonna throw your life away, he'd better have a motorcycle.
- Photo: Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution539 VOTES
Lorelai Gilmore: Life's short. Talk fast.
- Photo: Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution640 VOTES
The Person I Most Wanted to Be
Rory Gilmore: I don't know if she ever realized the person I most wanted to be was her.