If you suffer from diabetes or hypoglycemia there are a number of home health products that can help you monitor your blood glucose levels, whether low or high. Without these handy medical supplies it can be difficult to monitor your blood sugar levels and remain in a safe, balanced state. What are the best glucometer brands available? Which companies make the best glucometers?
High or low spikes in your glucose can cause a number of health problems and can even lead to a diabetic coma if left unchecked. The simple accuracy of a blood sugar monitoring device can keep you level all day, preventing horrible symptoms like shakiness, confusion, and rapid breathing. There are many different options to choose from when purchasing a glucometer, from size, color, and even technology choices, such as being able to connect your device to a computer via USB.This list features the most popular brands of glucometers, including Abbott, Bayer, Invacare, Prestige Brands, Nova, Home Diagnostics Incorporated, Infinity, Galaxy, Hemo Sense, Freestyle, and Prima. Vote up the best brands of glucometers below or add the glucometer brands you think are the greatest if they aren't already on the list.
- Abbott Laboratories is an American pharmaceuticals and health care products company. It has 90,000 employees and operates in over 130 countries. The company headquarters are in Abbott Park, North... more
- Invacare Corporation is an American manufacturer and distributor of non-acute medical equipment including wheelchairs, mobility scooters, walkers, pressure care and positioning, as well as... more
- Nova is a large eikaiwa school in Japan. It was by far the largest company of this type until its widely publicized collapse in October 2007. Before its bankruptcy, Nova employed approximately 15,000... more
- Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. is a company that markets and distributes Over-The-Counter Healthcare and Household Cleaning products. It was formed by the merger of Medtech Products, Inc., Prestige... more
- Galaxy is a former provider of pay television programming in Australia via satellite and wireless cable delivery methods. Galaxy was founded in 1993, and begin test broadcasting on 1 January 1995 via... more
- HemoSense develops, manufactures and sells easy-to-use, handheld blood coagulation monitoring systems for use by patients and healthcare professionals in the management of warfarin medication. ...
- Roche Diagnostics is a diagnostic division of Hoffmann-La Roche which manufactures equipment and reagents for research and medical diagnostic applications. Internally, it is organized into five major... more
- Infinity Systems is an American manufacturer of loudspeakers founded in 1968. Since 1983, Infinity has been part of the Harman International Industries group headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut.... more