What are the best gospel albums? This list includes great gospel albums such as What if We Were Real, Thankful, and Kings of the Gospel Highway. Gospel music has been around a long time and has a large following of religious people who love to sing the praises of god. Dealing with life's ups and downs can be difficult, and music can make it better. Often these songs can be uplifting, they can help us understand, and sometimes they can just be comforting.
The best gospel songs are often be the most moving of these songs because they are spiritual and create the strongest connection for us as listeners.
This list is all about the best gospel albums out there. Vote up your favorites and add any that you don't already see listed.
- Aretha Franklin started singing in the church as a child, gospel music is her most natural form.
- The Gospel Music Association named God's Property the Dove Awards Urban Album of the Year in 1998.
- A vibrant album of high praise.
- A two CD set filled with so many songs of praise.
- An album often criticised and overlooked due t its more mainstream tendencies but nevertheless, great.
- A modern take on gospel that feature guest appearances by Destiny's Child.
- A rather exhaustive compilation of gospel greats which has some of the finest religious close-harmonies ever.
- kanyejesuswest added
- An awesome collection of rare and raw early gospel recordings.
- One of the top performers in urban gospel his albums never disappoint.
- Winner of the 1997 Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Soul Gospel Album
- Coates has a magical, strong voice that could push gospel to the limits.
- The complete works of Rev Utah Smith and Rev. Lonnie Farris.
- A compilation of some of the finest gospel groups of the quartet heyday.
- A terrific live performance from a woman at the peak of her career.
- Kirk Franklin's debut album on his own label delivers.
- With an appearance by the clark sisters this is a confident album from Twinkie
- a great calssic album from these gospel "boys"
- soulful second album from the American Idol alum
- named the Traditional Gospel Album of the Year in 2000.
- A smorgasbord of musical stylings all blended together seamlesly with traditional gospel and R&B.
- Journey to the Sky is collection of Dixie Hummingbird recordings from 1946-1950,
- Great lyrics punctuate upbeat songs and hearty ballads.
- Winner 1988 Soul Train Awards - Best Gospel Album Group or Choir
- A nearly fogrgotten collection of the finest Staples Sisters gospel music