What are the best gospel songs? Gospel music has been around a long time and has a large following of religious and secular people who love to sing the praises of God. Dealing with life's ups and downs can be difficult, and music can make it better. Often these songs can be uplifting, they can help us understand, and sometimes they can just be comforting.
Gospel music has the ability to make us feel. We often feel an emotional connection to songs. The best gospel songs often have a spiritual connection and give the listener an emotional experience. Many of these songs are also a part of amazing gospel albums as well.
Vote up your favorite gospel songs. Did we miss any? Make sure to add and rerank your favorites to move them up on the list.
- 408127Another song about god's great works.
- An emotional yet effortless take on a classic song.
- It's sung by Aretha -- enough said
- 647250Perhaps one of the most quietly joyful gospel songs.
- 415141A song bolstered by a powerful and passionate voice
- 430151Whitney Houston was one of the greatest voices of a generation.
A song filed with beautiful solos.
- 328103A song that asks Jesus to guide the way.
- 364120A soft and wonderful song of praise.
- 25769A beautiful song filled with hallelujahs and praise.
- 25271A beautiful slow song to sway to.
- 20054A powerful song about praising god and his good deeds.
- A song of praise bolstered by a deep and spiritual voice.
- 18757A song about being thankful for being saved.
- An energetic up-tempo number.
- 17454Another fun song that gets everybody in the sing along mood.
- 23993A stark song that allows Cece to display her voice.
- Another great gospel song but done withe a modern sensibility.
- 14741An uptempo song from one of the first families of gospel.
- 14140A powerful song praising the strength of Jesus.
- 17369A gospel song that's been covered by many artist from Little Richard to Elvis.
- It's awesome because it's Aaron Neville.