What are the best gospel songs? Gospel music has been around a long time and has a large following of religious and secular people who love to sing the praises of God. Dealing with life's ups and downs can be difficult, and music can make it better. Often these songs can be uplifting, they can help us understand, and sometimes they can just be comforting.
Gospel music has the ability to make us feel. We often feel an emotional connection to songs. The best gospel songs often have a spiritual connection and give the listener an emotional experience. Many of these songs are also a part of amazing gospel albums as well.
Vote up your favorite gospel songs. Did we miss any? Make sure to add and rerank your favorites to move them up on the list.
- 399127Another song about god's great works.
- An emotional yet effortless take on a classic song.
- It's sung by Aretha -- enough said
- 655256Perhaps one of the most quietly joyful gospel songs.
- 416141A song bolstered by a powerful and passionate voice
- 431151Whitney Houston was one of the greatest voices of a generation.
A song filed with beautiful solos.
- 330104A song that asks Jesus to guide the way.
- 361123A soft and wonderful song of praise.
- 25671A beautiful song filled with hallelujahs and praise.
- 25271A beautiful slow song to sway to.
- 20054A powerful song about praising god and his good deeds.
- A song of praise bolstered by a deep and spiritual voice.
- 18657A song about being thankful for being saved.
- An energetic up-tempo number.
- 17654Another fun song that gets everybody in the sing along mood.
- 24294A stark song that allows Cece to display her voice.
- 14942An uptempo song from one of the first families of gospel.
- Another great gospel song but done withe a modern sensibility.
- 14240A powerful song praising the strength of Jesus.
- 17369A gospel song that's been covered by many artist from Little Richard to Elvis.
- It's awesome because it's Aaron Neville.