What are the best gospel songs? Gospel music has been around a long time and has a large following of religious and secular people who love to sing the praises of God. Dealing with life's ups and downs can be difficult, and music can make it better. Often these songs can be uplifting, they can help us understand, and sometimes they can just be comforting.
Gospel music has the ability to make us feel. We often feel an emotional connection to songs. The best gospel songs often have a spiritual connection and give the listener an emotional experience. Many of these songs are also a part of amazing gospel albums as well.
Vote up your favorite gospel songs. Did we miss any? Make sure to add and rerank your favorites to move them up on the list.
- A beautiful song filled with hallelujahs and praise.
- A song that asks Jesus to guide the way.
- An emotional yet effortless take on a classic song.
- Perhaps one of the most quietly joyful gospel songs.
- Another song about god's great works.
- A song bolstered by a powerful and passionate voice
- It's sung by Aretha -- enough said
- A beautiful slow song to sway to.
- A soft and wonderful song of praise.
- A powerful song about praising god and his good deeds.
- A song of praise bolstered by a deep and spiritual voice.
- An uptempo song from one of the first families of gospel.
- Whitney Houston was one of the greatest voices of a generation.
- A song about being thankful for being saved.
A song filed with beautiful solos.
- An energetic up-tempo number.
- Another fun song that gets everybody in the sing along mood.
- A powerful song praising the strength of Jesus.
- Another great gospel song but done withe a modern sensibility.
- A stark song that allows Cece to display her voice.
- It's awesome because it's Aaron Neville.
- A gospel song that's been covered by many artist from Little Richard to Elvis.