What do Bruce Springsteen, Hoobastank, and U2 have in common? They are all among the nominees and winners of the Grammy Award for Best Rock Album in the 2000s. As you can tell, it's a wide-ranging category. Some of the best rock albums of the 2000s champion a classic rock 'n' roll feel, with wailing guitars and thumping bass lines to match. But many of these best 2000s album nominees incorporate pop stylings and punk swagger into their tracks. When it comes to deciding the very best Grammy-nominated rock album of the decade, there's no one right answer.
What LPs will you find on this list of Grammy-nominated 2000s albums? The Foo Fighters were nominated for Grammys several times during this span. They took home the trophy in 2001 for There Is Nothing Left to Lose, in 2004 for One by One, and in 2008 for Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. The Red Hot Chili Peppers also earned multiple Grammy nominations in the decade.
One of the most notable Grammy-nominated rock albums of the 2000s – or any era – has to be Bruce Springsteen's tribute to America's resilience, The Rising. Other good releases on this roundup of rock releases include Broken Boy Soldiers by The Raconteurs and Rage Against the Machine's The Battle of Los Angeles.Which Grammy nominee should take the number-one spot on this 2000s rock albums list? Vote your favorites to the top by giving them a thumbs up.
- Red Hot Chili PeppersNominated in 2000.
- Green DayWon in 2005.
- Linkin ParkNominated in 2002.
- EvanescenceNominated in 2004.
- Foo FightersWon in 2004.
- AudioslaveNominated in 2004.
- The KillersNominated in 2005.
The ReasonHoobastankNominated in 2005.
- Won in 2002.
- Tom Petty and the HeartbreakersNominated in 2000.
- Red Hot Chili PeppersWon in 2007.
- The RaconteursNominated in 2007.
DaughtryDaughtryNominated in 2008.
- Kings of LeonNominated in 2009.
- Foo FightersWon in 2001.
- Bruce SpringsteenNominated in 2008.
- The Rolling StonesNominated in 2006.
- Tom PettyNominated in 2007.
- Rage Against the MachineNominated in 2001.
- Won in 2009.
- Nominated in 2002.
- Limp BizkitNominated in 2000.
- SantanaWon in 2000.
- Velvet RevolverNominated in 2005.
- Won in 2006.