Some of the most popular HGTV Star winners have gone on to become incredibly successful celebrity designers. A combination of personality and design skills landed the people below in the top spot on Home & Garden Television's reality competition show. Who are the best HGTV Design Star winners? Help decide below!
These interior designers and decorators have a good reason to want to win, as they're competing to launch and host a new design show on HGTV. The best winners of HGTV Star have shows that go on to run multiple seasons, a chance they wouldn't have had without winning the show. While most people know David Bromstad from shows like Color Splash and My Lottery Dream Home, he actually got his start as the Season 1 winner. He even went on to be a mentor and host for the same show he won, years later. You'll find these and other great contestants below on this list of HGTV Star winners. Vote the best designers to the top!
Winner: Season 1 (2006)
Winning Show: Color Splash
- Became a mentor for HGTV Star season 6 and both host and mentor for season 7.
- Also hosts Color Splash Miami, which premiered in 2010.
- Also hosts My Lottery Dream Home, which premiered in 2015
Winner: Season 8 (2013)
Winning Show: The Most Embarrassing Rooms in America
- Had work appear in Essence, Chicago (Interiors) Luxury, and Uptown.
- Named one of the nation's Top 20 African American Interior Designers.
- Hosted HGTV Smart Home 2016.
Winner: Season 5 (2010)
Winning Show: Secrets from A Stylist
- Has written Styled: Secrets for Arranging Rooms, from Tabletops to Bookshelves
- Owns and manages a team of interior designers and a lifestyle website.
- Runs popular design blog Style: By Emily Henderson.
Winner: Season 2 (2007)
Winning Show: Myles of Style
- Appeared on HGTV'd, a surprise home makeover show.
- Has been on OWN's Home Made Simple, winning an Emmy for Best Daytime Lifestyle Program.
- Worked with Chevorlet as designer of the Chevy UpGrade Me series.