This is a list of the best Hispanic actors. From the early days through the Golden Age up to today, Hispanic actors have appeared on both the small and big screens, entertaining audiences throughout the world with their creative interpretations of various characters.
The best Hispanic actors are globally recognized by the Academy and audiences for their fine work. The famous Hispanic actors on this list are well known stars you've definitely heard of. From Spanish actors to famous Mexican actors, this list features some of the biggest names in Hollywood. The best Latino actors have starred in Hollywood blockbusters and indie art house films.
The people on this list vary in importance, from iconic stars like Anthony Quinn and Jimmy Smits, to today's greats in Javier Bardem and Benicio Del Toro. If action is your thing, then Machete himself, Danny Trejo, is a Hispanic actor representing that genre on here. The one common thread that holds these actors together, besides their ethnicity, is that they're the best Hispanic male actors out there and are considered all-time greats.
This list of the best Hispanic celebrities features Mexican American stars, actors from South America, and your favorite Spanish speaking movie stars. Check out the best Latin stars below, and vote up your favorites! Then come back to see if they've topped the list.
- Benicio Monserrate Rafael del Toro Sánchez (born February 19, 1967) is a Puerto Rican actor. He won an Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Golden Globe Award and Screen Actors Guild Award for his portrayal ...more
- Javier Ángel Encinas Bardem (born 1 March 1969) is a Spanish actor and environmental activist. Bardem won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as the psychopathic assassin Anton ...more
- José Antonio Domínguez Bandera (born 10 August 1960), known professionally as Antonio Banderas, is a Spanish actor, producer and singer. He began his acting career with a series of films by director ...more
- Michael Antony Peña (; Spanish: [ˈpeɲa]; born January 13, 1976) is an American actor and musician. He has starred in many films, such as Crash (2004), World Trade Center (2006), Shooter (2007), ...more
- Andrés Arturo García Menéndez (born April 12, 1956) is an American actor and director of Cuban and English descent, who became known in the late 1980s and 1990s, having appeared in successful ...more
- Edward James Olmos (born February 24, 1947) is an American actor, director, producer, and activist. He is best known for his roles as Lieutenant Martin "Marty" Castillo in Miami Vice (1984–1989), ...more
- Daniel Trejo (; Spanish: [ˈtɾexo]; born May 16, 1944) is an American actor and voice actor who has appeared in numerous Hollywood films, often as a villain or an antihero. His films include Heat ...more
- Jimmy Smits (born July 9, 1955) is an Emmy Award-winning, American actor best known for playing attorney Victor Sifuentes on the 1980s legal drama L.A. Law, NYPD Detective Bobby Simone on the 1990s ...more
- Antonio Rodolfo Quinn Oaxaca (April 21, 1915 – June 3, 2001), known as Anthony Quinn, was a Mexican-Irish-American actor, painter, writer and film director. He starred in numerous critically ...more
- John Alberto Leguizamo (born July 22, 1964) is an American actor, stand-up comedian, filmmaker, and playwright. He came to prominence with a co-starring role in the action comedy Super Mario Bros. ...more
- Benjamin Bratt (born December 16, 1963) is a Peruvian-American actor, producer and activist. Bratt gained exposure through his supporting roles in Bright Angel (1990), Demolition Man (1993), Clear ...more
- Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino, KSG (; Spanish pronunciation: [montalˈβan]; 25 November 1920 – 14 January 2009) was a Mexican actor of Spanish origin. His career spanned seven decades, ...more
- Louis Diamond Phillips (born February 17, 1962) is an American actor and director. His breakthrough came when he starred as Ritchie Valens in the biographical drama film La Bamba (1987). For the ...more
- Richard Anthony "Cheech" Marín (born July 13, 1946) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, voice actor, writer and activist who gained recognition as part of the comedy act Cheech & Chong during ...more
- Desiderio Alberto Arnaz y de Acha III (March 2, 1917 – December 2, 1986), better known as Desi Arnaz, was a Cuban-born American actor, musician, and television producer widely noted for his role as ...more
- Jose Pedro Balmaceda Pascal, known professionally as Pedro Pascal, is a Chilean-born American actor. He is known for portraying Oberyn Martell in the fourth season of the HBO series Game of Thrones.
- Jordi Mollà y Perales (Catalan pronunciation: [ˈʒɔɾði muˈʎa]; known professionally as Jordi Mollà, (born July 1, 1968) is a Spanish actor, director, filmmaker, writer, and artist.
- Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada (born March 9, 1979) is a Guatemalan-American actor. He has played lead film roles in the tragicomedy Inside Llewyn Davis (2013), for which he received a Golden Globe ...more
- Demián Bichir Nájera (Spanish pronunciation: [deˈmjam biˈtʃiɾ ˈnaxeɾa]; born August 1, 1963) is a Mexican-American actor and one of the members of the Bichir family of actors. After starring in ...more
- Frederick James Prinze Jr. (born March 8, 1976) is an American actor. He has starred in films such as I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997), I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998), She's All ...more
- Robert Michael Cannavale (; born May 3, 1970) is an American actor known for various stage, film and television roles, including regular or recurring roles in Third Watch, Boardwalk Empire, Vinyl, ...more
- Wilmer Eduardo Valderrama (born January 30, 1980) is an American actor, producer, singer and television personality. He is best known for the role of Fez in the sitcom That '70s Show (1998–2006) and ...more
- Guillermo Díaz (born March 22, 1975) is an American actor. He is known for films Half Baked (1998), 200 Cigarettes (1999) and Stonewall (1995). He most recently starred as Huck in the ABC drama TV ...more
- Diego Luna Alexander (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈdjeɣo ˈluna aleksanˈdeɾ]; born December 29, 1979) is a Mexican actor, director, and producer. He has appeared in many films, including Y tu mamá ...more
- Mario Lopez Jr. (born October 10, 1973) is an American actor and entertainment journalist. He has appeared on several television series, in films, and on Broadway. He is known for his portrayal of ...more