A list of the best Hispanic actors. From the early days through the Golden Age through today, Hispanic actors have appeared on both the small and big screens, entertaining audiences throughout the world with their creative interpretations of various characters. The best Hispanic actors are globally recognized by the Academy and audiences for their fine work. The best Hispanic actors on this list are well known and popular actors who you probably have heard of. They are some of the biggest names in Hollywood, both historically and today. The best Hispanic actors have starred in Hollywood blockbusters and indie art house films. Many of the actors on this list are some of the most talented in the world.
The people on this list vary in importance, from iconic stars like Anthony Quinn and Jimmy Smits, to today's greats in Javier Bardem and Benicio Del Toro. If action is your thing, then Machete himself, Danny Trejo, is a Hispanic actor representing that genre on here. The one common thread that holds these actors together, besides their ethnicity is that they're the best Hispanic actors out there and are considered all time greats.This the list of the best Hispanic actors. If you notice that an actor with a Hispanic background isn't on this list, feel free to add him. Vote or re-rerank this list according to how you think the best Hispanic actors list should look.
- José Antonio Domínguez Bandera (born 10 August 1960), known professionally as Antonio Banderas, is a Spanish actor, producer and singer. He began his acting career with a series of films by director Pedro Almodóvar and then appeared in high-profile Hollywood films, especially in the 1990s, including Assassins, Evita, Interview with the Vampire, Philadelphia, Desperado, The Mask of Zorro, Take the Lead, The Expendables 3, and Spy Kids. Banderas also provided the voice of Puss in Boots in the Shrek series and its spin-off film Puss in Boots as well as the bee in the U.S. Nasonex commercials. In 2003, he made his theatre debut in Nine, as Guido Contini, for which he gained a Tony Award... more
28768Is he the best actor?
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: Benalmádena, Spain
- Height: 5'8"
- Credits: Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Shrek 2, The Skin I Live In
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYJimmy Smits (born July 9, 1955) is an Emmy Award-winning, American actor best known for playing attorney Victor Sifuentes on the 1980s legal drama L.A. Law, NYPD Detective Bobby Simone on the 1990s police drama NYPD Blue and Matt Santos on the 1999–2006 serial political drama The West Wing. He also appeared as Bail Organa in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, and as ADA Miguel Prado in Dexter. From 2012 to 2014, he joined the main cast of Sons of Anarchy as Nero Padilla. Smits will play Elijah Strait in the NBC drama series Bluff City Law.... more
25461Is he the best actor?
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Height: 6'3"
- Credits: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, NYPD Blue, Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, L.A. Law
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useMichael Antony Peña (; Spanish: [ˈpeɲa]; born January 13, 1976) is an American actor and musician. He has starred in many films, such as Crash (2004), World Trade Center (2006), Shooter (2007), Observe and Report (2009), Tower Heist (2011), Battle: Los Angeles (2011), End of Watch (2012), Gangster Squad (2013), American Hustle (2013), Fury (2014), Frontera (2014), The Martian (2015), Collateral Beauty (2016), CHiPs (2017), My Little Pony: The Movie (2017), Ant-Man (2015) and its sequel Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018), and A Wrinkle in Time (2018). Peña also had the title role in Cesar Chavez (2014) and plays the co-lead role in the TV series Narcos: Mexico (2018).... more
25963Is he the best actor?
- Age: 44
- Birthplace: USA, Chicago, Illinois
- Height: 1.7
- Credits: Million Dollar Baby, Crash, American Hustle, Battle: Los Angeles, Shooter
- Photo: Ernesto Ruscio / Getty ImagesDaniel Trejo (; Spanish: [ˈtɾexo]; born May 16, 1944) is an American actor and voice actor who has appeared in numerous Hollywood films, often as a villain or an antihero. His films include Heat (1995), Con Air (1997), and Desperado (1995), the last with frequent collaborator Robert Rodriguez. Trejo is perhaps most recognized as the character Machete, originally developed by Rodriguez for the Spy Kids series of movies and later expanded into Trejo's own series of films aimed at a more adult audience. He has appeared in TV shows such as Breaking Bad, Brooklyn Nine Nine, The X-Files, King of the Hill, The Flash, and Sons of Anarchy. He has also appeared in several Slayer music videos.... more
27672Is he the best actor?
- Age: 76
- Birthplace: Echo Park, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Height: 1.68
- Credits: Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn, Machete Kills, Heat