Something is exciting and fun about dressing up as your favorite horror movie villain or antagonist. They already have a super distinctive look, and their costume components can be easy to find, which makes horror movie Halloween costumes a great-go-to. From classic franchises such as A Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday The 13th to newer favorites like the Conjuring Universe, there are scary and scarily affordable horror villain costumes to fit all folks.
Maybe you just want to click once and get the horror villain set in a go, or perhaps you're picky and want to see what other options exist. Either way, this list has horror Halloween costumes that will make your next costume party a scream.
It's the clown of the hour and he's got a look. Luckily you can find some pretty decent full sets and masks so you don't have to whip out your makeup skills or hope you can find clown clothes at your local thrift store.
Costume set: Rubie's Men's Pennywise Adult Costume Top Adult Costume. This set comes with the ruffly printed shirt, and Pennywise's face as a full head mask with styled hair and makeup painted in place. Get it on Amazon for $17-40, depending on the size.
- Go for classic Pennywise with Rubie's IT The Movie Adult Pennywise Deluxe Costume.
- Make it fashion with a surprisingly cute dress version of Leg Avenue Women's Creepy Clown Halloween Costume.
There's something about Freddy Krueger, with his bold striped sweater and blade hand, that makes his costume options some of the more fun variations out there. And, like any classic horror villain, the quality of some of his props is stunning.
Costume set: Rubie's Men's Nightmare On Elm St Freddy Krueger Shirt with Mask comes with a simple molded half mask and a lightweight shirt version of Freddy's sweater. Get it on Amazon for $18-36, depending on size.
- The dress version, called "Secret Wishes Women's Nightmare on Elm Street Miss Krueger Costume," is actually a pretty cute sweater dress and even comes with the hat and glove - something the "men's" version doesn't.
- The glove can be picked up on its own ranging from a $34 Supreme Edition Freddy Replica Metal Glove to the polyester and plastic $9 version.
- There are a lot of variants, pre-tattered mostly, of Krueger's sweater, but the Largemouth Men's Striped Long Sleeve Nightmare Shirt is available in a normal range of clothing sizes so you can get what works best.
Speaking of simple costumes and little black dresses, Ghostface's look from the Scream franchise is just that - a mask and a black robe.
Costume set: FunWorld Adult Scream Ghostface Costume, which consists of the mask and the robe and is available on Amazon for $16-$50 depending on size and availability.
- Pick your own robe with the Golden Service Halloween Costume Tunic, available in a full range of sizes and colors, in case you're feeling like dressing Ghostface up.
- The FunWorld Ghost Face Mask has it's own hood and even comes with a prop knife.
A classic - and, like a horror costume version of a little black dress, deceptively simple - the combo of jumpsuit and mask that makes Michael Myers is available in many variations to suit your needs.
Costume set: Rubie's Halloween Movie Michael Myers Jumpsuit And Mask. This set comes with with a zip-front jumpsuit and a mask, though the mask in this set has molded hair, which makes for a less convincing result, though the convenience of an all-in-one set can be worth it. Get it on Amazon for $27-68, depending on size.
- Do it yourself with the incredibly well-rated Trick or Treat Studios Halloween II Michael Myers Mask and the Red Kap Men's Men's Long Sleeve Twill Action Coverall for a deluxe DIY.
- Go for a twist on a classic with the Rob Zombie Halloween Michael Myers.