The best horror movies with weddings couple supernatural terror with the anxiety of prepping for the big day. Most of them have to do with discovering the secrets of the spouse's family or dark traditions that manifest themselves in a violent or demonic fashion. From slasher flicks, psychological thrillers, to demonic possessions all of these horror weddings have one thing in common, they are terrifying. Some scary movie weddings are more traditional than others and feature a killer bride, psycho groom, cursed engagement rings, dark family histories, or sadistic traditions. In Zombie Honeymoon, the couple is seen leaving the church eager to embark on their horror-filled post matrimony retreat while other films show the ceremony itself like Ready or Not or The Russian Bride. But which of these horror movies with weddings are the best?
You get to help decide with your votes. Vote up your favorite horror movies that feature a couple getting hitched.
- Photo: Beetlejuice / Warner Bros. Pictures1125 VOTESAfter Barbara (Geena Davis) and Adam Maitland (Alec Baldwin) die in a car accident, they find themselves stuck haunting their country residence, unable to leave the house. When the unbearable Deetzes (Catherine O'Hara, Jeffrey Jones) and teen daughter Lydia (Winona Ryder) buy the home, the Maitlands attempt to scare them away without success. Their efforts attract Beetlejuice (Michael Keaton), a rambunctious spirit whose "help" quickly becomes dangerous for the Maitlands and innocent Lydia.
- Actors: Michael Keaton, Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Jeffrey Jones, Catherine O'Hara
- Released: 1988
- Directed by: Tim Burton
- Photo: Ready or Not / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures277 VOTESGrace couldn't be happier after she marries the man of her dreams at his family's luxurious estate. There's just one catch -- she must now hide from midnight until dawn while her new in-laws hunt her down with guns, crossbows and other weapons. As Grace desperately tries to survive the night, she soon finds a way to turn the tables on her not-so-lovable relatives.
- Actors: Samara Weaving, Adam Brody, Mark O'Brien, Henry Czerny, Andie MacDowell
- Released: 2019
- Directed by: Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, Tyler Gillett
- Photo: Corpse Bride / Warner Bros. Pictures389 VOTESVictor (Johnny Depp) and Victoria's (Emily Watson) families have arranged their marriage. Though they like each other, Victor is nervous about the ceremony. While he's in a forest practicing his lines for the wedding, a tree branch becomes a hand that drags him to the land of the dead. It belongs to Emily, who was murdered after eloping with her love and wants to marry Victor. Victor must get back aboveground before Victoria marries the villainous Barkis Bittern (Richard E. Grant).
- Actors: Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily Watson, Tracey Ullman, Paul Whitehouse
- Released: 2005
- Directed by: Tim Burton, Mike Johnson
- Photo: Bride of Frankenstein / Universal Pictures459 VOTESAfter recovering from injuries sustained in the mob attack upon himself and his creation, Dr. Frankenstein (Colin Clive) falls under the control of his former mentor, Dr. Pretorius (Ernest Thesiger), who insists the now-chastened doctor resume his experiments in creating new life. Meanwhile, the Monster (Boris Karloff) remains on the run from those who wish to destroy him without understanding that his intentions are generally good despite his lack of socialization and self-control.
- Actors: Boris Karloff, Elsa Lanchester, Colin Clive, Valerie Hobson, O.P. Heggie
- Released: 1935
- Directed by: James Whale