The best horror movies with weddings couple supernatural terror with the anxiety of prepping for the big day. Most of them have to do with discovering the secrets of the spouse's family or dark traditions that manifest themselves in a violent or demonic fashion. From slasher flicks, psychological thrillers, to demonic possessions all of these horror weddings have one thing in common, they are terrifying. Some scary movie weddings are more traditional than others and feature a killer bride, psycho groom, cursed engagement rings, dark family histories, or sadistic traditions. In Zombie Honeymoon, the couple is seen leaving the church eager to embark on their horror-filled post matrimony retreat while other films show the ceremony itself like Ready or Not or The Russian Bride. But which of these horror movies with weddings are the best?
You get to help decide with your votes. Vote up your favorite horror movies that feature a couple getting hitched.
- Photo: Beetlejuice / Warner Bros. PicturesBeetlejuice is a 1988 American fantasy-comedy-horror film directed by Tim Burton. The spirits of a deceased couple (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis) are harassed by an unbearable family that has moved into their home, and hire a malicious spirit (Michael Keaton) to drive them out.... more
12410Is this a good movie?
- Actors: Alec Baldwin, Winona Ryder, Geena Davis, Michael Keaton, Jeffrey Jones
- Released: 1988
- Directed by: Tim Burton
- Photo: Bram Stoker's Dracula / Columbia PicturesBram Stoker's Dracula is a 1992 American horror film directed and produced by Francis Ford Coppola, based on the 1897 Gothic horror novel by Bram Stoker. Count Dracula (Gary Oldman), a 15th-century prince, is condemned to live off the blood of the living for eternity. Young lawyer Jonathan Harker (Keanu Reeves) is sent to Dracula's castle to finalize a land deal, but when the Count sees a photo of Harker's fiancée, Mina (Winona Ryder), the spitting image of his dead wife, he imprisons him and sets off for London to track her down.... more
7517Is this a good movie?
- Actors: Monica Bellucci, Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins
- Released: 1992
- Directed by: Francis Ford Coppola
- Photo: The Rocky Horror Picture Show / 20th Century FoxThe Rocky Horror Picture Show is a 1975 musical horror comedy film by 20th Century Fox produced by Lou Adler and Michael White and directed by Jim Sharman. The screenplay was written by Sharman and actor Richard O'Brien, who is also a member of the cast. The film is based on the 1973 musical stage production The Rocky Horror Show, with music, book, and lyrics by O'Brien. The production is a parody tribute to the science fiction and horror B movies of the 1930s through to the early 1960s. Along with O'Brien, the film stars Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, and Barry Bostwick and is narrated by Charles Gray with cast members from the original Royal Court Theatre, Roxy Theatre, and Belasco Theatre... more
7622Is this a good movie?
- Actors: Susan Sarandon, Tim Curry, Meat Loaf, Barry Bostwick, Christopher Biggins
- Released: 1975
- Directed by: Jim Sharman
- Photo: Freaks / Metro-Goldwyn-MayerFreaks is a 1932 American horror film in which the eponymous characters were played by people who worked as carnival sideshow performers and had real deformities. The original version was considered too shocking to be released, and no longer exists. Directed and produced by Tod Browning, whose career never recovered from it, Freaks has been described as standing alone in a subgenre of one.... more
6318Is this a good movie?
- Actors: Wallace Ford, Edward Brophy, Roscoe Ates, Henry Victor, Elly Annie Schneider
- Released: 1932
- Directed by: Tod Browning