What can be more terrifying than full-grown monsters, ghosts, and ghouls? Babies, of course. This list will determine the best baby horror movies that turn the most innocent creatures on Earth to horrifying abominations that will haunt your nightmares. Many of these horror films explore the pregnancy of the demonic baby, like Rosemary's Baby and Prevenge while others show hint that infant is a new way for an old evil to comeback like A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Baby and Ghostbusters II. But which of these scary baby movies is the best? You get to help decide with your votes. The baby characters in these movies are so terrifying that they'll have you wondering if the father is the devil and in some cases the answer is yes!
Vote up your favorite horror films that feature demon, ghost, and cursed babies. Some the babies in these movies have yet to be born while others are ghosts of babies that never were. Vote up the ones that give the biggest fright and vote down any that other horror fans can skip.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useRosemary's Baby is a 1968 American psychological horror film written and directed by Roman Polanski, based on the bestselling 1967 novel of the same name by Ira Levin. The cast includes Mia Farrow, John Cassavetes, Ruth Gordon, Ralph Bellamy, Maurice Evans, Sidney Blackmer, and Charles Grodin. It was produced by William Castle. Farrow plays a pregnant woman who fears that her husband may have made a pact with their eccentric neighbors, believing he may have promised them the child to be used as a human sacrifice in their occult rituals in exchange for success in his acting career. Rosemary's Baby was the second film in Polanski's "Apartment Trilogy", preceded by Repulsion and followed by... more on Wikipedia
224A great horror film?
- Actors: Mia Farrow, Tony Curtis, John Cassavetes, Charles Grodin, Ruth Gordon
- Released: 1968
- Directed by: Roman Polanski
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainThe Omen is a 1976 British/American supernatural horror film directed by Richard Donner. The film stars Gregory Peck, Lee Remick, David Warner, Harvey Spencer Stephens, Billie Whitelaw, Patrick Troughton, Martin Benson and Leo McKern. It is the first film in The Omen series and was scripted by David Seltzer.... more on Wikipedia
175A great horror film?
- Actors: Gregory Peck, Lee Remick, David Warner, Patrick Troughton, Billie Whitelaw
- Released: 1976
- Directed by: Richard Donner
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useSplice is a 2009 Canadian-French science fiction horror film directed by Vincenzo Natali and starring Adrien Brody, Sarah Polley, and Delphine Chanéac. The story concerns experiments in genetic engineering being done by a young scientific couple, who attempt to introduce human DNA into their work of splicing animal genes. Guillermo del Toro, Don Murphy, and Joel Silver executive produced.... more on Wikipedia
74A great horror film?
- Actors: Adrien Brody, Sarah Polley, Delphine Chanéac, David Hewlett, Abigail Chu
- Released: 2009
- Directed by: Vincenzo Natali
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Paranormal Activity 2 is a 2010 American supernatural horror film directed by Tod Williams and written by Michael R. Perry. The film is a prequel to the 2007 film Paranormal Activity, beginning two months before and following up with the events depicted in the original film. It was released in theaters at midnight on October 22, 2010 in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Poland and Ireland.... more on Wikipedia
74A great horror film?
- Actors: Molly Ephraim, Sprague Grayden, Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat, Brian Boland
- Released: 2010
- Directed by: Tod Williams