UPDATED: Check out The Best New Horror TV Shows of 2020!
Horror TV shows are always a hit and 2019's top series will be continuing that trend. Blending horror with humor, drama, thrills, this list of the best horror series of 2019 means that your DVR lineup won't be a horror show of boredom. Vampires, the dark unimaginable, and the simple horror of humanity itself are all ready to add some scares to 2019.
Several of the most exciting new horror series for 2019 are based on books. Both NOS4A2 and Lovecraft Country were popular books that are getting new audiences and life as dramatic horror series. Even The Passage, a new 2019 horror show about virus-infected vampires, is based on a book series. Another source of chills is coming to television in 2019 as well - or, more properly, returning to it. An updated version of The Twilight Zone anthology series means 2019 may be the best year for horror yet.
Take a look at the list of horror series below and cast your vote for your favorites. Then check out the best horror series of 2020.
Watch on: DC UniverseSwamp Thing (DC Universe, 2019) is an American superhero horror drama web television series based on the DC Comics character. Abby Arcane (Crystal Reed) returns home to Houma, Louisiana to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus, where she develops a bond with scientist Alec Holland (Andy Bean). After Holland tragically dies, Arcane discovers the mysteries of the swamp and that Holland may not be dead after all.... more
9727Best new horror?
- Actors: Crystal Reed, Andy Bean, Derek Mears, Virginia Madsen, Henderson Wade
- Photo: AMC
Watch on: AMCNOS4A2 (AMC, 2019) is an American supernatural horror drama television series created by Jami O'Brien, based on the novel by Joe Hill. After discovering a supernatural ability to unlock portals, a young working-class artist (Ashleigh Cummings) must save the souls of children that were stolen by an evil immortal being (Zachary Quinto).... more
9144Best new horror?
- Actors: Zachary Quinto, Ashleigh Cummings, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Jahkara J. Smith, Ebon Moss-Bachrach
Watch on: NetflixKingdom (Netflix, 2019) is a South Korean historical horror television series based on the webcomic series "Land of the Gods" by Kim Eun-hee. In Korea’s medieval Joseon period, a crown prince is sent on a suicide mission to investigate a mysterious plague spreading across his country, only to discover that it is an atrocious epidemic in the form of zombies.... more
7438Best new horror?
- Actors: Rachel Lillian Goldberg, Ju Ji-hoon, Ryu Seung-ryong
- Creepshow (Shudder, 2019) is an American horror anthology television series and a continuation of the first two films in the Creepshow franchise. Each episode of the series features two stories, based on short story fiction and narrated by The Creep.... more
314Best new horror?
- Actors: David Arquette, Adrienne Barbeau, Tobin Bell, Giancarlo Esposito, Tricia Helfer