The Best Indianapolis Colts Coaches of All Time
Over 500 Ranker voters have come together to rank this list of The Best Indianapolis Colts Coaches of All Time
Since the team's start in Baltimore, the Colts have had a ton of great coaches. That being said, who is truly the best Indianapolis Colts coach of all time? Help us answer that question by upvoting your personal favorite Indianapolis Colts head coaches, and downvoting any that you believe brought the team down.
Baltimore Colts coach Don McCafferty led the franchise to a Super Bowl victory in 1970, narrowly defeating the Dallas Cowboys by a score of 16-13. As a Colts coach McCafferty's record was 22-10 in the regular season, which was good but nothing compared to Don Shula's 71-23 record as Colts coach from 1963-1969.Modern day Colts coaches include names like Tony Dungy, Jim Mora (Playoffs?) and Jim Caldwell. Who is the greatest Indianapolis Colts coach of all time? Let us know by upvoting for your favorite head coaches below that you believe really made an impact on the franchise.
- Anthony Kevin Dungy ( DUN-jee; born October 6, 1955) is a former professional American football player and coach in the National Football League (NFL). Dungy was head coach of the Tampa Bay ...more
- Donald Francis Shula (January 4, 1930 – May 4, 2020)) was an American former professional football coach and player who is best known as the head coach of the Miami Dolphins, the team he led to two ...more
- Frank Michael Reich Jr. (born December 4, 1961) is a former American football coach and former quarterback who was most recently the head coach for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football ...more
- Wilbur Charles "Weeb" Ewbank (May 6, 1907 – November 17, 1998) was an American professional football coach. He led the Baltimore Colts to NFL championships in 1958 and 1959 and the New York Jets to ...more
- Theodore Joseph "Ted" Marchibroda (March 15, 1931 – January 16, 2016) was an American football quarterback and head coach in the National Football League (NFL). He spent his four years as an active ...more
- Bruce Charles Arians (born October 3, 1952) is an American football executive in the National Football League (NFL) and former coach. Since 2022, he has been a senior football consultant for the ...more