If you have a subscription for the Xbox Game Pass on your Xbox One, there are tons of amazing indie titles just waiting to be played. Let's take a look at the best indie games available on Xbox Game Pass, including indie hits like Alien Hominid, puzzle-platform games like The Swapper, and even ridiculously successful games like The Escapists, which has been ported to nearly every platform imaginable since its debut.
If you’re partial to games that frighten you, check out Layers of Fear. In this psychological horror game, players take control of an insane painter trying to complete his greatest work… all while stumbling through a creepy Victorian mansion and solving puzzles along the way. If your preferences lay with a more action-adventure type of gameplay, Toy Soldiers may be more to your liking. This action and strategy game lets you play with the same plastic soldiers you knocked about as a child, but this time, they are engaged in a full-scale war. Other great options include Battleblock Theater, Braid, and Observer, a creepy cyberpunk walking simulator that is definitely worth a playthrough if you're into sci-fi.
Vote up the Xbox Game Pass indie games you'd most want other gamers to check out, or simply use this list as a recommendation guide for what to play next!
- 1Braid is a platform and puzzle video game developed by Number None, Inc. The game was released... more on Wikipedia51
- 3Rocket League is a vehicular soccer video game developed and published by Psyonix. The game... more on Wikipedia
- 5Alien Hominid is an independently developed side-scrolling shoot 'em up video game developed... more on Wikipedia
- 6Jetpac Refuelled is a video game developed by Rare for the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade service.
- 7The Maw is a 2009 action-adventure video game developed by Twisted Pixel Games. Released for... more on Wikipedia22
- 8Spelunky is an indie platform game created by Derek Yu and released as freeware for Microsoft... more on Wikipedia40
- 9BattleBlock Theater is a platform game developed by The Behemoth and published by Microsoft... more on Wikipedia
- 10N+ is the console and handheld version of the game originally made for systems powering Adobe... more on Wikipedia10
- 11'Splosion Man is a 2.5D action platform video game developed by Twisted Pixel Games for the... more on Wikipedia
- 12Shadow Complex is a 2009 platform-adventure video game developed by Chair Entertainment in... more on Wikipedia
- 13Toy Soldiers is an action and strategy video game by Signal Studios released on Xbox Live... more on Wikipedia
- 14Stacking is an adventure/puzzle video game developed by Double Fine Productions and published... more on Wikipedia11
- 15Terraria is an action-adventure sandbox indie video game series, developed by game studio... more on Wikipedia22
- 16Thomas Was Alone is an indie puzzle platformer video game created by Mike Bithell, originally... more on Wikipedia
- 17The Swapper is a puzzle-platform video game for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It was... more on Wikipedia
- 18Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a downloadable story-driven puzzle-platformer adventure video... more on Wikipedia
- 19Human: Fall Flat is a platform-puzzle video game developed by No Brakes Games and published by... more on Wikipedia
- 20Observer (stylised as >observer_) is a cyberpunk horror video game developed by Bloober Team... more on Wikipedia21
- 21OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood is a skateboarding video game developed and published by Roll7... more on Wikipedia
- 22InnerSpace is an adventure video game developed by PolyKnight Games and published by Aspyr. It... more on Wikipedia
- 23Abzû is an adventure video game developed by Giant Squid Studios and published by 505 Games... more on Wikipedia40
- 24Hello Neighbor is a survival horror stealth game developed by Dynamic Pixels and published by... more on Wikipedia
- 25The Gardens Between is a puzzle video game developed by Australian studio The Voxel Agents,... more on Wikipedia