Who are the funniest insult comedians of all time? The best insult comedians come in many forms. Some famous mean comedians direct their wit at politicians while other insult comics trade jabs on the Comedy Central Roasts. A few hilarious insult comedians have gone on to become some of the most successful stand-ups in the world. Who is the funniest insult comedian ever? Which hilarious insult comics do you love?
When it comes to insult comics, Jeff Ross has to be at the top. As the Roastmaster General, Ross has hilariously skewered such celebrities as Justin Bieber, Charlie Sheen, Flavor Flav, and Donald Trump. Joan Rivers is another insult comic known for her sharp cutting wit which she aims at anyone and everyone.
Ricky Gervais has been known to insult an A-list actor or two when he hosts awards shows like the Golden Globes. Other hilarious stand-up acts featured on this list of the best insult comics include Don Rickles, Lisa Lampanelli, and Neil Hamburger.
How will we ever determine which insult comedian is the funniest? Help us decide by giving your favorites a thumbs up.
- Donald Jay Rickles (May 8, 1926 – April 6, 2017) was an American stand-up comedian, actor, and author, known especially for his insult comedy. His film roles included Run Silent, Run Deep (1958) with ...more
- Jack Roy (born Jacob Rodney Cohen, November 22, 1921 – October 5, 2004), popularly known by the stage name Rodney Dangerfield, was an American stand-up comedian, actor, voice artist, producer, ...more
- William Frederick Burr (born June 10, 1968) is an American comedian, actor, and writer. He has released multiple stand-up comedy specials, most notably Why Do I Do This? (2008), Let It Go (2010), You ...more
- Ricky Dene Gervais (born 25 June 1961) is an English comedian, actor, director and writer best known for co-creating, co-writing and acting in the British television mockumentary sitcom The Office ...more
- Jeffrey Ross Lifschultz (born September 13, 1965), is an American stand-up comedian and actor. He is best known as the "Roastmaster General" for his insult comedy, his multiple appearances at ...more
- Gilbert Jeremy Gottfried (February 28, 1955 – April 12, 2022) was an American actor and stand-up comedian. Gottfried's persona as a comedian featured an exaggerated shrill voice and emphasis on crude ...more
- James Anthony Patrick Carr (born 15 September 1972) is a British-Irish comedian, presenter, writer, and actor. He is known for his deadpan delivery of controversial one-liners, for which he has been ...more
- Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx (; October 2, 1890 – August 19, 1977) was an American comedian, writer, stage, film, radio, and television star. A master of quick wit, he is widely considered one of ...more
- Anthony Jeselnik (born December 22, 1978) is an American comedian, writer, actor, and producer. He is known for his dark comedy style, which emphasizes ironic misdirection, non sequiturs, biting ...more
- Gregory C. Giraldo (December 10, 1965 – September 29, 2010) was an American stand-up comedian, television personality, and lawyer. He is remembered for his appearances on Comedy Central's televised ...more
- Joan Alexandra Molinsky (June 8, 1933 – September 4, 2014), known professionally as Joan Rivers, was an American comedian, actress, writer, producer, and television host. She was noted for her often ...more
- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog is a puppet character puppeteered and voiced by Robert Smigel, best known for mocking celebrities in an Eastern European accent. As his name indicates, Triumph's comedic ...more
- Roy Haylock, better known by his stage name Bianca Del Rio, is an American actor, comedian, costume designer, and drag queen. He is a fixture in the New Orleans and New York City club scenes, often ...more
- Patrice Malcolm O'Neal (December 7, 1969 – November 29, 2011) was an American stand-up comedian, actor, and radio host. He grew up in Boston and developed an interest in stand-up comedy at a young ...more
- Daniel Dwight Tosh (born May 29, 1975) is an American comedian, television host, voice actor, writer, and executive producer. After graduating from the University of Central Florida with a degree in ...more
- Geoff James Nugent (born 14 February 1977), known professionally as Jim Jefferies, is an Australian-American stand-up comedian, political commentator, actor, and writer. He created and starred in the ...more
- Bernard Jeffrey McCullough (October 5, 1957 – August 9, 2008), better known by his stage name Bernie Mac, was an American comedian, actor, and voice actor. Born and raised on Chicago's South Side, ...more
- Seth Woodbury MacFarlane (; born October 26, 1973) is an American actor, animator, filmmaker, comedian, and singer. MacFarlane is the creator of the TV series Family Guy (1999–present) and The ...more
- Samuel Burl Kinison (; December 8, 1953 – April 10, 1992) was an American stand-up comedian and actor. A former Pentecostal preacher, he performed stand-up routines that were most often characterized ...more
- Lisa Lampanelli (born Lisa Marie Lampugnale; July 19, 1961) is an American former stand-up comedian, actress and insult comic. Much of her material is racy and features ethnic humor, centering on ...more
- Andrew Dice Clay (born Andrew Clay Silverstein; September 29, 1957) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, musician, and producer. He rose to prominence in the late 1980s with a brash, macho, ...more
- David Attell (born January 18, 1965) is an American stand-up comedian, actor and writer best known as the host of Comedy Central's Insomniac with Dave Attell, which earned him a cult following. His ...more
- Whitney Cummings (born September 4, 1982) is an American stand-up comedian, actress, producer, writer, and director. Her credits include one comedy album, four stand-up specials, three Comedy Central ...more
- Leonard Alfred Schneider, better known by his stage name Lenny Bruce, was an American stand-up comedian, social critic and satirist. He was renowned for his open, free-style and critical form of ...more
- Sarah Kate Silverman (born December 1, 1970) is an American comedian, actress, and writer. Her comedy addresses social taboos and controversial topics, including racism, sexism, homophobia, politics, ...more