List of the best James Dean movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. James Dean's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top James Dean movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated James Dean movies will be at the top of the list. James Dean has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest James Dean movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining James Dean films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best James Dean role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest James Dean performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list includes The Dark, Dark Hours, Trouble Along the Way and more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best James Dean movies?" and "What are the greatest James Dean roles of all time?"
- Rebel Without a Cause is a 1955 American drama film about emotionally confused suburban, middle-class teenagers. The film stars James Dean, Sal Mineo and Natalie Wood. Directed by Nicholas Ray, it offered both social commentary and an alternative to previous films depicting delinquents in urban slum environments. Over the years, the film has achieved landmark status for the acting of cultural icon James Dean.... more
8314Agree or disagree?
- Actors: Natalie Wood, James Dean, Dennis Hopper, Sal Mineo, Jim Backus
- Released: 1955
- Directed by: Nicholas Ray
- East of Eden is a 1955 film, directed by Elia Kazan, and loosely based on the second half of the 1952 novel of the same name by John Steinbeck. It is about a wayward young man who, while seeking his own identity, vies for the affection of his deeply religious father against his favored brother, thus retelling the story of Cain and Abel. The film stars Julie Harris, James Dean, and Raymond Massey. It also features Burl Ives, Richard Davalos and Jo Van Fleet, and was adapted by Paul Osborn. Although set in early twentieth century Monterey, California, much of the film was actually shot on location in Mendocino, California. Some scenes were filmed in the Salinas Valley. Of the three films in... more
5811Agree or disagree?
- Actors: James Dean, Burl Ives, Raymond Massey, Lois Smith, Albert Dekker
- Released: 1955
- Directed by: Elia Kazan
- Giant is a 1956 American drama film, directed by George Stevens from a screenplay adapted by Fred Guiol and Ivan Moffat from the novel by Edna Ferber. The film stars Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and James Dean and features Carroll Baker, Jane Withers, Chill Wills, Mercedes McCambridge, Dennis Hopper, Sal Mineo, Rod Taylor, Elsa Cardenas and Earl Holliman. Giant was the last of James Dean's three films as a leading actor, and earned him his second and last Academy Award nomination. Nick Adams was called in to do some voice dubbing for Dean's role. ... more
5312Agree or disagree?
- Actors: Elizabeth Taylor, James Dean, Dennis Hopper, Rock Hudson, Rod Taylor
- Released: 1956
- Directed by: George Stevens
- Trouble Along the Way is a 1953 film starring John Wayne and Donna Reed, with a supporting cast including Charles Coburn and Marie Windsor. The movie was directed by Michael Curtiz, director of Casablanca. The black-and-white comedy was released by Warner Bros. with an aspect ratio of 1.37:1.... more
2417Agree or disagree?
- Actors: John Wayne, James Dean, Donna Reed, Chuck Connors, Sherry Jackson
- Released: 1953
- Directed by: Michael Curtiz