Some of the biggest companies in the world are based in and began in Japan. From the world's largest automobile manufacturers like Toyota and Honda to leading electronics companies and trendy Japanese clothing brands, Japan has had a huge impact on the global business and consumer market. But which are the best Japanese brands available to consumers?
We've assembled the largest and most popular Japanese companies and brands for your perusal. Do you think Japanese entertainment brands like Sony and Nintendo are the greatest brands Japan has to offer? Or do you prefer their top quality automobiles? If we're talking Japan, you can't forget about the food and major companies like Ajinomoto and Kikkoman are listed here, along with the best whiskey in the world, which just happens to be Japanese. Who knew?!
Of course, Japan is also know for its leading photography companies like Nikon, Canon, and Olympus. Japanese fashion brands have also been taking the world by storm, with exports like Uniqlo and BAPE.Which Japanese companies and brands from Japan do you think are highest quality and all around best? Vote below and if any of your favorite Japanese companies are missing, be sure to add them for others to vote on!
- 25368The world's leading auto manufacturer, valued at $35 billion.
- 31499Home of PlayStation, Sony is valued at $8.4 billion.
- 28088Home of Mario, Donkey Kong, and other classic video game characters.
- 19147Valued at $5.8 billion, Panasonic is the world's fourth largest television manufacturer.
- 20160Automobiles, generators, lawn mowers, and personal watercraft.
- 14435Leading company in cameras, printers, and photography accessories. Valued at $11 billion.
- 13848Founded in 1875, Toshiba produces electronics, appliances, IT, and communication equipment.
- 13243The luxury division of Toyota Motor Corporation, Lexus is valued at $2.7 billion.
- 9830Maker of optics and imaging products as well as photography equipment.
- 10636Famous for those hatchbacks, the car company is part of Fuji Heavy Industries.
- 11241Spread out into many sectors including auto, mining, financial services, and more.
- 11143Sharp produces televisions, home appliances, mobile phones, and other electronic equipment.
- 9134Highly diversified company operating in 11 business segments, including electronics.
- 9338Auto maker selling cars under the Nissan, Infiniti, Datsun, and NISMO brands.
- 8332Stylish (but consumer friendly priced!) casual wear and high quality clothing.
- 6922Best known for their automotive tires, they also manufacture golf products and bicycles.
- 8236An air conditioner manufacturer headquartered in Osaka keeps things cool during summer.
- 9449In addition to cars, Suzuki also makes ATVs, wheelchairs, and outboard marine engines.
- 5729Nomura Securities specializes in financial services and management and consulting.
- 5732Best known for their running shoes which consistently rank among the top performance footwear.
- 5833The photography company merged with Japanese company Minolta in 2003 to form Konica Minolta.
- 4825Optics and photography company currently partnered with Sony and Mitsubishi.
- 4522The $800 million company specializes in cycling components, fishing, and rowing equipment.