The best Jeremy Renner movies prove that he’s a very good action star that is also capable of stellar dramatic performances. Since the 2000s, he has appeared in plenty of blockbusters and critically-acclaimed movies, earning awards and accolades along the way. His highest grossing movies have been well-received at the box office as well, as his lifetime box office gross exceeds $2.5 billion. He can thank roles in giant blockbusters such as Mission Impossible and The Avengers for that.
A native of Modesto, CA, Jeremy Renner is the oldest of seven siblings and graduated Fred C. Beyer High School in 1989. While attending Modesto Junior College to study computer science and criminology, he picked a drama class as an elective and promptly changed course. His first film role was in 1995’s National Lampoon's Senior Trip.
Over the next few years, the best Jeremy Renner movies featured him only in small roles. His first taste of success came in the early 2000s, when he portrayed serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer in the movie Dahmer. After several noteworthy supporting actor performances, he finally got his breakout role in one of his best movies, The Hurt Locker. Following that role, the best Jeremy Renner movies have been blockbusters.
So what are the best Jeremy Renner movies of all time? Is it his dramatic turn in The Hurt Locker or his action hero adventure The Avengers: Age of Ultron? See what fans have ranked as their favorite Jeremy Renner movies below. Movie trailers (where available) have been included below if you want a preview of the film. If you think the best Jeremy Renner role isn't at the top, then vote it up. Don’t see it listed? Add it so that others may vote for it. After all, this list of the best Jeremy Renner movies should be as comprehensive as possible.
- Doug MacRay (Ben Affleck) leads a band of ruthless bank robbers and has no real attachments except for James (Jeremy Renner), who -- despite his dangerous temper -- is like a brother. Everything ...more
- When Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) jump-starts a dormant peacekeeping program, things go terribly awry, forcing him, Thor (Chris Hemsworth), the Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) and the rest of the ...more
- Political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability when the actions of the Avengers lead to collateral damage. The new status quo deeply divides members of the team. Captain America ...more
- Staff Sgt. William James (Jeremy Renner), Sgt. J.T. Sanborn (Anthony Mackie) and Specialist Owen Eldridge (Brian Geraghty) are members of a bomb-disposal unit in Baghdad. As their tour of duty enters ...more
- When the actions of Jason Bourne spark a fire that threatens to burn down decades of research across a number of secret intelligence agencies, Eric Byer (Edward Norton), the man who built the ...more
- When Thor's evil brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), gains access to the unlimited power of the energy cube called the Tesseract, Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), director of S.H.I.E.L.D., initiates a ...more
- Arctic Dogs (a.k.a. Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad) is a 2019 British-Canadian-South Korea computer-animated comedy-drama film directed by Aaron Woodley. With dreams of becoming a Top Dog, Swifty the ...more
- Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol is a 2011 American action spy film directed by Brad Bird, and the fourth film in the Mission: Impossible series. The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in ...more
- Cory Lambert is a wildlife officer who finds the body of an 18-year-old woman on an American Indian reservation in snowy Wyoming. When the autopsy reveals that she was raped, FBI agent Jane Banner ...more
- Tag is a 2018 comedy film directed by Jeff Tomsic, based on a story published in The Wall Street Journal. A group of ex-classmates meet up and organize a game of tag that finds them traveling across ...more
- Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation is a 2015 American action spy film directed by Christopher McQuarrie, and the fifth film in the series. IMF agent Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) is on the run from the ...more
- Arrival is a 2016 American science fiction film directed by Denis Villeneuve and written by Eric Heisserer, based on the short story "Story of Your Life" by Ted Chiang. It stars Amy Adams, Jeremy ...more
- Hondo Harrelson (Samuel L. Jackson) recruits Jim Street (Colin Farrell) to join an elite unit of the Los Angeles Police Department. Together they seek out more members, including tough Deke Kay (LL ...more
- Journalist Gary Webb (Jeremy Renner) happens upon a story that not only leads to the origins of America's crack epidemic but also alleges that the CIA was well-aware of the dealers who were smuggling ...more
- Irving Rosenfeld (Christian Bale) dabbles in forgery and loan-sharking, but when he falls for fellow grifter Sydney Prosser (Amy Adams), things change in a big way. Caught red-handed by FBI agent ...more
- Fifteen years after Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel (Gemma Arterton) defeated the wicked witch who planned to have them for her dinner, the siblings have come of age as skilled bounty hunters. ...more
- Six months after the original epidemic, the rage virus has all but annihilated the population of the British Isles. Nevertheless the U.S. Army declares the danger past, and American soldiers arrive ...more
- As the son of Odin (Anthony Hopkins), king of the Norse gods, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) will soon inherit the throne of Asgard from his aging father. However, on the day that he is to be crowned, Thor ...more
- In this fictionalized, fragmented biopic of one of America's most notorious serial killers, Jeffrey Dahmer (Jeremy Renner) contemplates his latest potential victim, a young man named Rodney (Artel ...more
- Single mother Josey Aimes (Charlize Theron) is part of a group of the first women to work at a local iron mine in Minnesota. Offended that they have to work with women, male workers at Eveleth Mines ...more
- The Immigrant is a 2013 American drama film co-written, produced and directed by James Gray. It was nominated for the Palme d'Or at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.
- Infamous and unpredictable, Jesse James (Brad Pitt), nicknamed the fastest gun in the west, plans his next big heist while he launches pre-emptive strikes against those looking to collect the reward ...more
- Ned (Jeremy Renner) is a bigoted young man whose antisocial behavior lands him in a mental hospital. There, Ned, who believes that racial minorities are inferior, meets Rachael (Gabrielle Union), an ...more
- Insurance investigator Abraham Holt (Forest Whitaker) travels to a tiny town in rural Minnesota to look into a particularly unusual insurance claim stemming from a horrific car accident. As Holt ...more
- Take is a 2007 drama thriller indie film written and directed by Charles Oliver.