We can learn about the modern world by looking at the past. The myriad mysteries of Ancient Egypt continue to perplex historians, but there’s no denying the world would be a very different place if not for the contributions of the ancient Egyptians. While there are a lot of known facts centering around this particular time and place, there are also a lot of conspiracies, and Joe’s interviewed a number of guests over the years who have all helped to shed some light on this pivotal point in our past (though some guests seem to have more of a basis in actual science than others).
Many people believe ancient Egypt holds the key to understanding alien life. Even if otherworldly beings had nothing to do with Egypt, it is still fascinating to discuss all the pyramids, sphinxes, and other interesting monuments. Joe Rogan's guests run the gamut of topics from the plausible to the insane, but with each episode covering a different part of history, and with a different point of view, there's plenty to explore.
Be sure to vote up your favorite JRE podcast episodes where Joe and his guests discuss the many mysteries of ancient Egypt.
Guest: John Anthony West, author, lecturer, and guide.
- Rain in Egypt and erosion of the Sphinx
- Why Egypt has produced many smart people
- Influence of Egypt on other civilizations
Original Airing: September 27, 2016122Love this episode?
Guest: Kevin Smith, filmmaker and comedian.
- Joe explains Robert Schoch's research to Kevin
- Ages of historical structures to Egypt
- Magical Egypt documentary
Original Airing: May 30, 2018122Love this episode?
Guest: Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist.
- Why people want to believe ancient Egyptians held the secrets of the universe
- It's possible ancient Egyptians did things we couldn't understand today
- Lost Egyptian knowledge
Original Airing: August 22, 2018115Love this episode?
Guests: Tony Hinchcliffe, stand-up comedian, and Young Jamie, JRE producer.
- Egypt being part of Africa
- How close Italy is to Egypt
- Skin color and geography
Original Airing: October 6, 201684Love this episode?