The Best JRE Episodes Where Joe Talks About Muay Thai
Muay Thai, also known as Thai boxing, is a form of martial arts that involves a range of deadly strikes and clinching techniques. Often referred to as discipline involving "eight limbs" because competitors use their fists, knees, shins, and elbows to fight in the ring, Muay Thai first became popular in the West sometime towards the late 20th century when Thai fighters began to compete overseas.
It’s no surprise Joe Rogan is a huge fan of Muay Thai. As an advocate of all things mixed martial arts, Joe’s talked with a number of guests over the years who’ve all had strong opinions on the effectiveness of Muay Thai. While some guests are comedians who may be learning about Muay Thai for the first time, other guests are competitive fighters who have been practicing Muay Thai for years.
Be sure to vote up the best JRE podcast episodes about Muay Thai so other readers can see which episodes to listen to first. You may even learn a thing or two about Muay Thai in the process.
- 18 VOTES
Guests: Kevin “The Soul Assassin” Ross, American Muay Thai kickboxer and former mixed martial artist. Gaston “The Dreamkiller” Bolanos, professional Muay Thai fighter.
- Why Muay Thai isn't more popular
- Watching Muay Thai live compared to watching it on TV
- Takedowns in Muay Thai
Original Airing: October 24, 2016
- 212 VOTES
Guest: Joseph “Bazooka Joe” Valtellini, former world kickboxing champion.
- How Joseph likes kickboxing more than Muay Thai
- Why Joseph doesn't like clinching in Muay Thai
- How kickboxing compares to Muay Thai
Original Airing: January 18, 2017
- 33 VOTES
Guest: Joe Schilling, American Muay Thai kickboxer.
- Muay Thai in Thailand
- Martial arts around the world
- Kickboxing rules
Original Airing: June 29, 2016
- 47 VOTES
Guest: Wiz Khalifa, rapper, singer, and songwriter.
- How Wiz trains for Muay Thai
- How Muay Thai has helped Wiz Khalifa
- Wiz Khalifa's current health protocol
Original Airing: May 30, 2019
- 53 VOTES
Guest: Vinny Shoreman, mind coach and kickboxing and Muay Thai commentator.
- Muay Thai kickboxing
- Comparing Muay Thai rules to Glory kickboxing
- How traditionalism holds back Muay Thai's popularity
Original Airing: August 10, 2016
- 64 VOTES
Guest: Tom Papa, comedian, actor, and writer.
- Muay Thai
- BJJ vs. Muay Thai
- Doing Jiu Jitsu while high
Original Airing: September 14, 2017