List of the best John Prine albums, including pictures of the album covers when available. This John Prine discography is ranked from best to worst, so the top John Prine albums can be found at the top of the list. In 1998, Prine beat a serious battle with squamous cell cancer - his illness altered his voice permanently. The resulting gravelly sounding timbre marked a new chapter in his work, resulting in Fair & Square (2005) – his second Grammy award-winning album (his first being 1991, The Missing Years).
To make voting for your favorite records easier, we haven't included John Prine singles, EPs, or compilations, so everything you see here should only be studio albums. If you think the greatest John Prine album isn't ranked highly enough, vote for it so it receives proper credit. Make sure you don't just vote for critically acclaimed albums; if you have a favorite John Prine album, vote it up, even if it's not necessarily the most popular.
If you want to know what is the best John Prine album of all time, this list will answer your question. Albums range from Sweet Revenge (1973) to Storm Windows (1980) to The Tree of Forgiveness (2018). These popular John Prine CDs have been voted on by music fans around the world, so the order isn't just one person's opinion.
1. Illegal Smile
2. Spanish Pipedream
3. Hello in There
4. Sam Stone
6. Pretty Good
7. Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore
8. Far from Me
9. Angel from Montgomery
10. Quiet Man
11. Donald and Lydia
12. Six O'Clock News
13. Flashback Blues19317Agree or disagree?
1. Sweet Revenge
2. Please Don't Bury Me
3. Christmas in Prison
4. Dear Abby
5. Blue Umbrella
6. Often is a Word I Seldom Use
8. Grandpa Was a Carpenter
9. The Accident (Things Could Be Worse)
10. Mexican Home
11. A Good Time
12. Nine Pound Hammer9319Agree or disagree?
1. Fish and Whistle
2. There She Goes
3. If You Don't Want My Love
4. That's the Way That the World Goes 'Round
5. Bruised Orange (Chain of Sorrow)
6. Sabu Visits the Twin Cities Alone
7. Aw Heck
8. Crooked Piece of Time
9. Iron Ore Betty
10. The Hobo Song9322Agree or disagree?
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons (CC-BY)
1. Knockin' on Your Screen Door
2. I Have Met My Love Today
3. Egg & Daughter Nite, Lincoln Nebraska, 1967 (Crazy Bone)
4. Summer's End
5. Caravan of Fools
6. Lonesome Friends of Science
7. No Ordinary Blue
8. Boundless Love
9. God Only Knows
10. When I Get to Heaven9929Agree or disagree?