Survival audition program is one of the most interesting and fun TV shows to watch. After Superstar K, one of the very first audition programs, just like a Korean version of American Idol, Koreans have had auditions for everything from singers to celebrity chefs, and even designers and models. You probably remember Produce 101, had 101 competitors and have made a group called IOI with top 11 from the show.
The best Korean survival shows include The Unit: Idol Rebooting Project, Mix Nine, and Show Me the Money 6. You also can't forget about Produce 101 Season 2, which created the Kpop boy group Wanna One. Don't forget about the 2019 Produce 101 show, Produce X 101.
Which Korean survival audition show was most interesting to you?
- Produce 101 (Mnet, 2016) is a girl group survival reality show. 101 trainees compete to be the final 11 members who would debut as the official group, I.O.I.
- Produce 101 Season 2 (Mnet, 2017) is a boy group survival reality show. 101 trainees compete to be the final 11 members who would debut as the official group, Wanna One.
Stray Kids is a 2017 reality show created by JYP Entertainment and Mnet. It is a male idol debut project with the concept of winning the "trainees versus JYP" survival. It aired on Mnet from October 17 to December 19, 2017 on Tuesdays at 23:00 timeslot for 10 episodes.
- The Unit: Idol Rebooting Project (KBS2, 2017) is a South Korean survival reality show. Idols who have already debuted are given a second chance to showcase their talents to form the final male and ...more
A survival show made by YG Entertainment which introduces all their male trainees in the agency. YG Treasure Box will determine the member selection of YG's new boy group that will debut sometime next year. There are a total of 29 trainees age ranges from 14 to 19 years old, they are separated into 4 teams, Treasure A, B, C, and Treasure J, which consists trainees from YG's branch in Japan. The future group will have 7 members (as YG confirmed during the ep. 9).
- Produce X 101 (Mnet, 2019) is a South Korean boy group survival reality show, and the fourth season of the Produce 101 franchise. The public (called 'national producers') "produces" a boy band by ...more
- Produce 48 (Mnet, 2018) is a South Korean reality competition television show. 96 girls from idol groups and entertainment companies in Japan and South Korea compete to form a 12-person ...more
- Sixteen (Mnet, 2015) is a South Korean reality girl group survival show created by JYP Entertainment. Sixteen trainees compete against one another to secure a spot in the girl group Twice.
Two teams of male YG trainees compete for the title of WINNER and the right to debut
NO.MERCY (노머시) was a reality survival show that aired on Mnet. The show was created by Starship Entertainment who pitted 13 trainees against each other to debut as a new boy group. After the competition, the final group of trainees formed MONSTA X.
- Unpretty Rapstar (Mnet, 2015) is a South Korean rap competition TV show, known as a female counterpart of Show Me The Money. Every season, female rappers compete in various challenges, including rap ...more
- Show Me the Money was a topical debate programme on BBC television in the United Kingdom. The shows typically featured three top bosses and entrepreneurs who debated about who was making money and ...more
Cube Entertainment's survival show, where trainees competed to debut as Pentagon. Through missions, they had to develop 5 skills, such as Vocal/Rap, Talent, Mind, Team Work and Dance.
- Survival Audition K-pop Star is a South Korean reality TV competition series where the three largest entertainment/talent agencies in South Korea hold worldwide auditions to find the next potential ...more
Reviews: 0 users
Idol School is a reality girl group survival show. The program aims to form a 9 members girl group out of 41 female participants, training them in singing and dancing in the span of 11 weeks.
- Mix Nine (JTBC, 2017) is a South Korean survival reality show. YG Entertainment founder Yang Hyun-suk travels to music agencies all over Korea to find up-and-coming K-pop stars, who will compete to ...more
- The Voice of Korea is a South Korean reality singing competition and local version of The Voice first broadcast as The Voice of Holland. Its first season started on February 10, 2012 on Mnet. The ...more
- Boys24 (Mnet, 2016) is a Korean reality boy group unit survival show. It was a large-scale project in which the units of a selected number of members would be produced from a pool of 49 free-agents.
Survival show of the creation of the KPOP girl group, MOMOLAND.
- Superstar K is a South Korean television talent show series which is held yearly. First held in 2009, Superstar K has increasingly gained more attention, considered the biggest audition program in ...more