We all love our idol groups, but who are the best soloists in K-pop? Here are the top K-pop solo artists of 2022, ranked by fans everywhere. From new singers making memorable debuts to older artists making comebacks, the most popular K-pop solo artists include IU, Taeyeon, Woozi, Chungha, and more.
After their groups disbanded, Choi Yena (Iz One) and Yuju (GFriend) both made their solo debuts in 2022. After leaving JYP Entertainment in 2021, GOT7 member BamBam released his second EP under his new label, ABYSS Company.
Vote up the top K-pop soloists based on their 2022 releases, and support your faves!
- 1Roseanne Park (born 11 February 1997), known mononymously as Rosé, is a Korean-New Zealand singer and dancer based in South Korea. Born in New Zealand and raised in Australia, Rosé signed with South Korean label YG Entertainment following a successful audition in 2012 and trained for four years before debuting as a member of the girl group Blackpink in August 2016. In March 2021, Rosé made her solo debut with her single album R. The album sold 448,089 copies in its first week, the highest for a Korean female soloist. Lead single "On the Ground" was also a commercial success, topping the Billboard Global 200 and peaking in the top five domestically.
- Labels: YG Entertainment
- 2Min Yoon-gi (born March 9, 1993), known professionally by his stage names Suga and Agust D, is a South Korean rapper, songwriter and record producer. Managed by Big Hit Music, he debuted as a member of the South Korean boy band BTS in 2013. In 2016, he released his first solo mixtape, Agust D. In 2018, he re-released the mixtape for digital purchase and streaming. The reissue reached number three on Billboard's World Albums Chart. In 2020, he released his second solo mixtape, D-2. Commercially, the mixtape peaked at number 11 on the US Billboard 200, number seven on the UK Albums Chart, and number two on Australia's ARIA Album Chart. The Korea Music Copyright Association attributes over 100 ...more
- Labels: Big Hit Music, HYBE
- 3Lalisa Manobal (also spelled Manoban; born Pranpriya Manobal; born March 27, 1997), known mononymously as Lisa, is a Thai rapper, singer and dancer based in South Korea. She is a member of the South Korean girl group Blackpink formed by YG Entertainment. Lisa made her solo debut with her single album Lalisa in September 2021. The album sold over 736,000 copies in its release week in South Korea, making her the first female artist to do so. The music video for its lead single of the same name recorded 73.6 million views on YouTube in first 24 hours of its release, becoming the most-viewed music video in the first 24 hours on the platform by a solo artist and earning Lisa two Guinness World ...more
- Labels: YG Entertainment
"Ganadara" (w/ Jay Park)Lee Ji-eun (born May 16, 1993), professionally known as IU, is a South Korean singer-songwriter, record producer, and actress. She signed with Kakao M (formerly LOEN Entertainment) in 2007 as a trainee and began her music career at the age of 15 with her debut album, Lost and Found. Her follow-up albums, Growing Up and IU...IM, brought her mainstream success, but it was through "Good Day", the lead single from her 2010 album Real, that she achieved national stardom. With the success of her 2011 albums, Real+ and Last Fantasy, IU established herself as a formidable force on the music charts and further cemented her image as Korea's "little sister". Aside from music, IU has also ventured into ...more
- Labels: EDAM Entertainment