Deep in the waters of the Scottish Highlands, a legendary creature is rumored to live. The rumors of the Loch Ness Monster have gone beyond Scotland and captured the attention of mystery-seekers and filmmakers all over the world. The best Loch Ness Monster movies are no secret and come in many forms. Some Loch Ness films are horror movies while other good Nessie pictures are family films.
What films will you find on this list of all Loch Ness Monster movies? The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep has to be near the top. This 2007 film – starring Alex Etel, Emily Watson, Ben Chaplin and more – is a family-friendly story about a boy who finds a mysterious egg. Loch Ness is another good fantasy film for the whole family.
The 2004 mokumentary Incident at Loch Ness finds famed documentarian Werner Herzog grappling with his notions about the existence of the famed monster. Other good Loch Ness monster movies include Beneath Loch Ness, Loch Ness Terror, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Magic in the Water, and What a Whopper. Scooby-Doo and the gang even tangle with the fabled Loch Ness monster, complete with songs. You'll also find movies on this list with famous actors such as Mark Harmon and Ted Danson.
Which Loch Ness Monster movie do you think is the best? Give your favorites a vote up and feel free to add any good films we may have missed. And check back to see new movies that come out featuring Nessie the Monster of Loch Ness. Then check out our ist of scary sea creature movies.
- Video: YouTubeBeneath Loch Ness is a 2002 action, horror and thriller film written by Shane Bitterling and Justin Stanley and directed by Chuck Comisky.... more
62is this a great Loch Ness monster movie?
- Actors: Patrick Bergin, Lysette Anthony, Vernon Wells, Brian Wimmer, David Andriole
- Released: 2002
- Directed by: Chuck Comisky
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useThe Private Life of Sherlock Holmes is a 1970 film directed and produced by Billy Wilder; he also shared writing credit with his longtime collaborator I. A. L. Diamond. It starred Robert Stephens as Sherlock Holmes and Colin Blakely as Dr. Watson. The film offers an affectionate, slightly parodic look at the man behind the public façade, and draws a distinction between the "real" Holmes and the character portrayed by Watson in his stories for The Strand magazine. The film was originally intended as a roadshow attraction, touring major cities only on its initial run. However, it was heavily edited on its original release, and significant sections of the film are now missing.... more
64is this a great Loch Ness monster movie?
- Actors: Christopher Lee, Frank Thornton, Miklós Rózsa, Colin Blakely, Robert Stephens
- Released: 1970
- Directed by: Billy Wilder
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Incident at Loch Ness is a 2004 mockumentary starring, produced by and written by Werner Herzog and Zak Penn. The small cast film follows Herzog and his crew while working on the production of a movie project on the Loch Ness Monster entitled Enigma of Loch Ness. It won the New American Cinema Award at the 2004 Seattle International Film Festival.... more
76is this a great Loch Ness monster movie?
- Actors: Jeff Goldblum, Crispin Glover, Werner Herzog, Ricky Jay, Zak Penn
- Released: 2004
- Directed by: Zak Penn
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Freddie as F.R.O.7 is a 1992 British animated musical action fantasy film written and directed by Jon Acevski. It is a parody of James Bond. The film was inspired by bedtime stories Acevski told to his son about his favourite toy frog working as a secret agent.... more
25is this a great Loch Ness monster movie?
- Actors: Ben Kingsley, James Earl Jones, Jenny Agutter, Nigel Hawthorne, Jonathan Pryce
- Released: 1992
- Directed by: Jon Acevski