Here are the best country artists and country bands from Michigan. Michigan is not necessarily known for its country music scene. The state, and Detroit in particular, have been incredibly important for various other musical genres, such as Motown, punk rock and techno. However, that is not to say a lot of famous country artists did not come from the Great Lakes State. In fact, some of the biggest country stars of all time were either born or raised here. There are plenty of country singers from Michigan, and some of the names on this list may surprise you.
Kid Rock may have started in rock and hip hop, but he later found a voice in the country music scene. His first real country success came when he collaborated on the ballad "Picture" with Sheryl Crow. He was introduced to a wider audience and has come out with numerous other country singles in the years since. Some other popular artists in the country scene that came out of the state include Uncle Kraker, Frankie Ballard, and Josh Gracin.
Have you ever asked yourself, "Which country singers are from Michigan?" You no longer have to wonder because the best ones are on this list. Vote for the artists you listen to all the time.
- 1Frank Robert Ballard IV (born December 16, 1982) is an American country music... more
- 2Whitey Morgan and the 78's are a honky tonk country band based in Flint, Michigan. In 2010,... more
- 3Robert James Ritchie (born January 17, 1971), known professionally as Kid Rock, is an American... more
- 4Matthew Shafer (born June 6, 1974), also known by his stage name Uncle Kracker, is an American... more
- 5Jana Rae Kramer (born December 2, 1983) is an country music singer and actress. She is known... more
- 6Joshua Mario Gracin (born October 18, 1980) is an American country music singer. A former... more
- 7Joy Elizabeth Williams (born November 14, 1982) is an American singer-songwriter. The winner... more
- 8Pete Anderson is an American guitarist, music producer, arranger and songwriter. Anderson is... more
- 9John David Souther (born November 2, 1945) is an American singer and songwriter. He has... more
- 10Amos Garrett (born November 26, 1941, in Detroit, Michigan, United States) is an... more
- 11Anita Renee Cockerham (born February 6, 1967), known professionally as Anita Cochran, is ACM,... more
- 12Blanche is an American alternative country band from Detroit, Michigan. Their music is based... more
- 13Johnny Powers is an American guitar player, singer, writer and producer specializing in... more
- 14Stephen Cochran (born September 17, 1979) is an American country music singer and songwriter. ... more
- 15Paul V. Franklin (born May 31, 1954 in Detroit, Michigan) is an American... more
- 16William Knight "Bill" Kirchen (born June 29, 1948) is an American rockabilly guitarist, singer... more
- 17Harlan Perry Howard (September 8, 1927 – March 3, 2002) was an American songwriter,... more
- 18Randy Barlow (born March 29, 1943 in Detroit, Michigan) is an American country music recording... more
- 19Leroy Maxey Drumm was born in Algonac, Michigan is an American and a bluegrass/country music... more
- 20Steven Frederic Seagal (born April 10, 1952) is an American actor, producer, screenwriter,... more