The best limited series offer a freedom of knowing a TV show has only so many episodes and the best miniseries of 2021 may be short but deliver big stories. From new documentary miniseries and limited series dramas, the new TV miniseries premiering in 2021 are the ideal addition to your watchlist, to break up those binges.
Whether you want to learn something from a new docuseries or get caught up in a drama, 2021 miniseries have something for you. The Netflix miniseries Surviving Death looks into post-life paranormal stories, from reincarnation to near-death experiences. For true crime fans, there's a range of limited series available; Night Stalker: The Hunt For A Serial Killer is a documentary miniseries with first-person interviews, archival footage supplementing dramatic reenactments, while The Investigation is a fully a drama, but one based on a true crime. If historical miniseries are your preference, Masterpiece Classic on PBS is bringing the BBC’s Long Song, set in early 19th century colonial Jamaica.
Whether you call them "limited series" or the old-fashioned "miniseries," the options available in 2021 are some of the best yet. Vote up the 2021 best new limited series!
- Photo: Mare of EasttownMare of Easttown (HBO, 2021) is an American drama series created by Brad Ingelsby. The limited series follows a detective in a small Pennsylvania town as she investigates a local murder while trying to keep her life from falling apart.... more
26211Love this new limited series?
- Actors: Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson, Jean Smart, Angourie Rice, Evan Peters
- Network: HBO
- Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer (Netflix, 2021) is an American true crime documentary miniseries. The limited series tells the true story of how one of the most notorious serial killers in American history was hunted down and brought to justice.... more
8038Love this new limited series?
- Actors: Gil Carrillo, Frank Salerno
- Network: NETOV
- Behind Her Eyes (Netflix, 2021) is a British psychological thriller miniseries created by Steve Lightfoot, based on the 2017 novel of the same name by Sarah Pinborough. It follows Louise, a single mom with a son and a part-time job in a psychiatrist's office, but she begins an affair with her boss and strikes up an unlikely friendship with his wife.... more
9554Love this new limited series?
- Actors: Robert Aramayo, Tyler Howitt, Aston McAuley
- Network: Netflix
- The Serpent (Netflix, 2021) is a British crime drama serial created by Richard Warlow and Toby Finlay and is based on a true story. The twisting, real-life story of Charles Sobhraj, a murderer, thief and seductive master of disguise, who was a hidden darkness in the mid-70's on Asia's hippie trail.... more
6731Love this new limited series?
- Actors: Tahar Rahim, Jenna Coleman, Billy Howle, Ellie Bamber, Amesh Edireweera
- Network: BBC1