All of the months of the year: ranked from best to worst by you, the people who have to experience them. Look forward to July all year long? Can't wait for December and the holiday season? Lots of people get really passionate about which month of the year is the best. It makes sense if you think about it - the best months of the year are tied to specific activities and events, so your favorite months probably remind you of all the fun stuff you like to do.
For example, if you love the sunshine, hate working out, and secretly dread spending extended periods of time with your family, you probably prefer the summer months over the winter ones. But you already knew that. Many people who love food and cool weather can't wait for fall to arrive (check out this list of The Best Things About Fall for proof). If you're a fan of blossoming flowers and aren't afflicted with terrible allergies, you're most likely thinking of voting up some of the months in spring. But can you choose one month that is better than all of the others?Since choosing the best month of the year is so subjective, we've provided a few pros and cons for each entry. Vote up your favorite months and downvote the ones you wish we could go all year without trudging through. So which is the best month of the year? Make your opinion heard here!
- It's the peak of summer! The weather is warm, even grouchy people are cracking smiles, and generous friends share their boats and BBQ supplies.
- Day drinking is totally acceptable.
- 4th of July is arguably the best holiday of the year.
- Tan bodies and beach days make life worth living.
- Some companies let employees out early on Fridays or have a no-Friday work policy during the summer (are you hiring?).
- If you live in a super hot climate, the heat of July can be a bit much
- Tourists and crowds. Yuck.
1,568789One of the best?
- For most, Thanksgiving is a glorious holiday. Not only is it the start of the holiday season, but you get to have a few days off, eat lots of delicious food, and travel to see your family.
- There is all of the excitement about the holiday season and none of the stress (yet) because you still have time to buy those plane tickets and gifts.
Cons:- For those who are counting, you'll probably gain several pounds during this month.
- If you can't afford to travel to see family or don't have any to see, this can be the start of a depressing time.
- Listening to your Aunt Martha ask why you aren't married yet.1,184930One of the best?
- Festival season kicks off with Coachella and other awesome springtime concerts.
- National Record Store Day is on April 20, which is also 4/20, which is another holiday that lots of people like to celebrate.
- Depending on your tolerance for practical jokes, April Fool's Day is a great way to kick off the month.
Cons:- April showers are a real thing and they are terrible.
- Tax Day and April Fool's Day can leave some of us feeling burdened and tricked.
- It's pretty much a meh month in terms of seasons and holidays.1,039798One of the best?
- It is still definitively summer, which means long daylight hours, cookouts, vacation days and outdoor activities.
- College football and fantasy football drafts start up this month.
- The summer heat means watching lots of summer movies in the theaters.
Cons:- Most likely, wherever you live, it is hot as hell and you are just going to have to sweat through this month.1,000949One of the best?