All of the months of the year: ranked from best to worst by you, the people who have to experience them. Look forward to July all year long? Can't wait for December and the holiday season? Lots of people get really passionate about which month of the year is the best. It makes sense if you think about it - the best months of the year are tied to specific activities and events, so your favorite months probably remind you of all the fun stuff you like to do.
For example, if you love the sunshine, hate working out, and secretly dread spending extended periods of time with your family, you probably prefer the summer months over the winter ones. But you already knew that. Many people who love food and cool weather can't wait for fall to arrive (check out this list of The Best Things About Fall for proof). If you're a fan of blossoming flowers and aren't afflicted with terrible allergies, you're most likely thinking of voting up some of the months in spring. But can you choose one month that is better than all of the others?
Since choosing the best month of the year is so subjective, we've provided a few pros and cons for each entry. Vote up your favorite months and downvote the ones you wish we could go all year without trudging through. So which is the best month of the year? Make your opinion heard here!
- 12,578 VOTES
- It's the peak of summer! The weather is warm, even grouchy people are cracking smiles, and generous friends share their boats and BBQ supplies.
- Day drinking is totally acceptable.
- 4th of July is arguably the best holiday of the year.
- Tan bodies and beach days make life worth living.
- Some companies let employees out early on Fridays or have a no-Friday work policy during the summer (are you hiring?).
- If you live in a super hot climate, the heat of July can be a bit much
- Tourists and crowds. Yuck.
- 22,695 VOTES
- The official start of the summer!
- School wraps up, which means graduation parties and half the month off for students and teachers!
- June gloom take the fun out of summer vacation.
- You haven't gone to the gym in months, and the thought of wearing a bathing suit makes you want to vomit.
- 32,561 VOTES
- Springtime and everything that comes with it: outdoor sports, blooming plants, shorts weather, more time outside.
- Cinco de Mayo and Memorial Day weekend.
- Springtime sales and new clothes!
- The oncoming of allergy season.
- The nagging felling that you should be doing your spring cleaning.
- 43,161 VOTES
- It's the month of holidays: Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year's Eve! There's a party every weekend, and wearing sequins or seasonal sweater vests is totally fine (so are holiday-themed cocktails).
- Not that you're shallow, but you probably get a lot of gifts this month.
- You get to see family and friends that you may not get to see throughout the year.
Cons:- Relationship on the rocks? Suddenly single? Just lost your job? The holidays magnify every little bump in the road and make hardship seem insurmountable.
- You'll probably be spending most of your paycheck on expensive airfare and gifts for everyone you know.
- You are forced to spend time with family, which can be less than ideal.