The Greatest Motown Artists Of All Time
Vote up the artists who best exemplify the Motown Sound.
Nobody blends soul, R&B, and pop music quite like the best Motown artists of all-time. Founded by Berry Gordy Jr. in 1959, Motown Records is home to many music legends, like Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, and Gladys Knight. This list of Motown bands, groups, and singers also includes artists who were never signed to the label, but their music became synonymous with the "Motown Sound." Who are the most popular Motown artists?
Vote up the best Motown musicians, and add your favorites if they deserve to be on this list. Even though they signed with Motown Records, don't expect to see Migos here since their music isn't classified as "Motown Sound."
- Marvin Gaye (born Marvin Pentz Gay Jr.; April 2, 1939 – April 1, 1984) was an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. He helped to shape the sound of Motown in the 1960s, first as an ...more
- The Temptations are an American vocal group who released a series of successful singles and albums with Motown Records during the 1960s and 1970s. The group's work with producer Norman Whitfield, ...more
- Stevland Hardaway Morris (born May 13, 1950), better known by his stage name Stevie Wonder, is an American singer, songwriter, musician and record producer. A prominent figure in popular music, he is ...more
- The Four Tops are a vocal quartet from Detroit, Michigan, USA, who helped to define the city's Motown sound of the 1960s. The group's repertoire has included soul music, R&B, disco, adult ...more
- The Supremes were an American female singing group and a premier act of Motown Records during the 1960s. Founded as The Primettes in Detroit, Michigan, in 1959, the Supremes were the most ...more
- William "Smokey" Robinson Jr. (born February 19, 1940) is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, and former record executive. Robinson was the founder and frontman of the Motown vocal group ...more