We're all suckers for a big Hollywood movie ending: boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy wins girl back, boy gets girl. And then, most importantly: girl gets dress! A match made in true movie heaven! It's perfection!
Some of the best film wedding dresses are truly the stuff of dreams: the dreams of directors and costume designers, and sometimes the nightmares of the actresses who have to figure out how to go to the bathroom during filming breaks.
It didn't take us long to come up with this list of the best bridal gowns in movies. Most of our favorite wedding movies feature a stunningly gorgeous wedding gown. From romantic comedies to dark dramas with goth wedding gowns, the we'd wear every single one of the wedding dresses in these movies. Classic gowns, nerdy gowns, or modern dresses, we don't care! They're all gorgeous. Movies prove that you don't have to be traditional on your wedding day. You can even marry an Ogre instead of Prince Charming. (Not that there's anything wrong with Prince Charming!)
We've been falling in love with wedding dresses in movies since we were little girls watching Cinderella (don't worry, it's on the list). Hollywood has shown us that we really can have the wedding gown of our dreams. Now it's time for you to decide: which of these best movie wedding dresses takes the cake?
- Photo: Buena Vista Pictures
16,9741,934Love this dress?
- Actors: Anne Hathaway, Julie Andrews, Chris Pine, Raven-Symoné, Stan Lee
- Released: 2004
- Directed by: Garry Marshall
- Photo: RKO Radio Pictures
13,4563,435Love this dress?
- Actors: June Foray, Mike Douglas, Verna Felton, Jimmy MacDonald, Lucille Bliss
- Released: 1950
- Directed by: Wilfred Jackson, Hamilton Luske, Clyde Geronimi
- Photo: Summit Entertainment
11,9337,931Love this dress?
- Actors: Kristen Stewart, Ashley Greene, Anna Kendrick, Robert Pattinson, Dakota Fanning
- Released: 2011
- Directed by: Bill Condon
- Photo: TriStar Pictures
9,2047,841Love this dress?
- Actors: Sally Field, Dolly Parton, Shirley MacLaine, Daryl Hannah, Olympia Dukakis
- Released: 1989
- Directed by: Herbert Ross