We're all suckers for a big Hollywood movie ending: boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy wins girl back, boy gets girl. And then, most importantly: girl gets dress! A match made in true movie heaven! It's perfection!
Some of the best film wedding dresses are truly the stuff of dreams: the dreams of directors and costume designers, and sometimes the nightmares of the actresses who have to figure out how to go to the bathroom during filming breaks.
It didn't take us long to come up with this list of the best bridal gowns in movies. Most of our favorite wedding movies feature a stunningly gorgeous wedding gown. From romantic comedies to dark dramas with goth wedding gowns, the we'd wear every single one of the wedding dresses in these movies. Classic gowns, nerdy gowns, or modern dresses, we don't care! They're all gorgeous. Movies prove that you don't have to be traditional on your wedding day. You can even marry an Ogre instead of Prince Charming. (Not that there's anything wrong with Prince Charming!)
We've been falling in love with wedding dresses in movies since we were little girls watching Cinderella (don't worry, it's on the list). Hollywood has shown us that we really can have the wedding gown of our dreams. Now it's time for you to decide: which of these best movie wedding dresses takes the cake?
- Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures
9,3547,981Love this dress?
- Actors: Emmy Rossum, Gerard Butler, Minnie Driver, Jennifer Ellison, Patrick Wilson
- Released: 2004
- Directed by: Joel Schumacher
- Photo: New Line Cinema
8,6847,414Love this dress?
- Actors: Jennifer Lopez, Jane Fonda, Wanda Sykes, Will Arnett, Monet Mazur
- Released: 2005
- Directed by: Robert Luketic
9,6668,318Love this dress?
- Actors: Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, Eleanor Parker, Nicholas Hammond, Heather Menzies
- Released: 1965
- Directed by: Robert Wise
- Photo: 20th Century Fox
9,2057,940Love this dress?
- Actors: Anne Hathaway, Kate Hudson, Chris Pratt, Candice Bergen, Lena Horne
- Released: 2009
- Directed by: Gary Winick