There's cyber (online) bullying, physical bullying, playground bullying, and that creepy kid from The Christmas Story. All-in-all there is no shortage of movies about bullying in high school and teen bullying movies. Bullies are, sadly, incredibly common. So common, that they are a common character type in many feature films. What are the best movies about bullying? The films on the list below are all about bullying, based on bullying or have bullying in them, they are not movies that only have a scene with a bully. Not onlythat but these good films about bullying are ranked by movies lovers like yourself.
Some of the movies on this list feature more of a fictional, innocent type of bully that makes us laugh, while others dramatize the tragic real-life events of a person who has been the victim of a violent crime that started as an act of bullying.
Movies like Carrie can also be seen as anti bullying movies but which bullying film is the best? Vote for your favorite movie about a bully or add one that isn't already on the list.
- This film adaptation of a Roald Dahl work tells the story of Matilda Wormwood (Mara Wilson), a gifted girl forced to put up with a crude, distant father (Danny DeVito) and mother (Rhea Perlman). ...more
- Middle school is not an enjoyable experience for preteen Greg Heffley (Zachary Gordon) but a horrid ordeal of social land-mines that he must bear. To do so, he devises schemes to win him the ...more
- Five high school students from different walks of life endure a Saturday detention under a power-hungry principal (Paul Gleason). The disparate group includes rebel John (Judd Nelson), princess ...more
- Odd Girl Out is a 2005 drama telefilm starring Alexa Vega, Lisa Vidal, Elizabeth Rice, Alicia Morton, Leah Pipes, Shari Dyon Perry, Joey Nappo, and Chad Faget. First aired April 4, 2005 on Lifetime, ...more
- In this chilling adaptation of Stephen King's horror novel, withdrawn and sensitive teen Carrie White (Sissy Spacek) faces taunting from classmates at school and abuse from her fanatically pious ...more
- In this 1980s sci-fi classic, small-town California teen Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) is thrown back into the '50s when an experiment by his eccentric scientist friend Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) ...more
- Prompted by her popular best friend to spill details of her boring weekend, Olive (Emma Stone), a clean-cut teen, decides to spice things up by telling a little lie about losing her virginity. When ...more
- Daniel (Ralph Macchio) moves to Southern California with his mother, Lucille (Randee Heller), but quickly finds himself the target of a group of bullies who study karate at the Cobra Kai dojo. ...more
- Veronica (Winona Ryder) is part of the most popular clique at her high school, but she disapproves of the other girls' cruel behavior. When Veronica and her new boyfriend, J.D. (Christian Slater), ...more
- Young female-to-male transgender Brandon Teena (Hilary Swank) leaves his hometown under threat when his ex-girlfriend's brother discovers that he's biologically female. Resettling in the small town ...more
- After learning that a stranger has been accidentally killed near their rural homes, four Oregon boys decide to go see the body. On the way, Gordie Lachance (Wil Wheaton), Vern Tessio (Jerry ...more
- Teenage Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) was educated in Africa by her scientist parents. When her family moves to the suburbs of Illinois, Cady finally gets to experience public school and gets a quick ...more
- Frumpy high-school senior Bianca (Mae Whitman) has a rude awakening when she learns that her classmates secretly know her as the DUFF -- designated ugly fat friend -- to her prettier and more popular ...more
- This coming-of-age film follows the mayhem of group of rowdy teenagers in Austin, Texas, celebrating the last day of high school in 1976. The graduating class heads for a popular pool hall and joins ...more
- An epic tale spanning forty years in the life of Celie (Whoopi Goldberg), an African-American woman living in the South who survives incredible abuse and bigotry. After Celie's abusive father marries ...more
- Freshman high-school student Melinda (Kristen Stewart) has refused to speak ever since she called the cops on a popular summer party. With her old friends snubbing her for being a rat, and her ...more
- The life of 11-year-old Billy Elliot, a coal miner's son in Northern England, is forever changed one day when he stumbles upon a ballet class during his weekly boxing lesson. Before long, he finds ...more
- In this updated take on William Golding's classic novel, a group of American military schoolboys become marooned on a remote island after a plane crash. While initially cooperative, after the ...more
- Based on the humorous writings of author Jean Shepherd, this beloved holiday movie follows the wintry exploits of youngster Ralphie Parker (Peter Billingsley), who spends most of his time dodging a ...more
- As Bobby Kent lay bleeding on July 14, 1993, he called out for help, and then mercy from his friends. Their response was quick and deliberate. Larry Clark's "Bully" chronicles the incident that would ...more
- A Silent Voice, also known as Koe no Katachi, is a 2016 Japanese teen drama anime film directed by Naoko Yamada, based on the manga by Yoshitoki Oima. Years after being ostracized by his classmates ...more
- Stanley Kubrick's take on the Vietnam War follows smart-aleck Private Davis (Matthew Modine), quickly christened "Joker" by his foul-mouthed drill sergeant (R. Lee Ermey), and pudgy Private Lawrence ...more
- Cyberbully is a 2011 drama film directed by Charles Binamé.
- High school was hell for Marni (Kristen Bell), so she is horrified to learn that her brother's fiancee is Joanna, the nemesis of her teen years. Marni intends to expose Joanna's evil side to her ...more
- River's Edge (aka Ribâzu ejji) is a 2018 Japanese teen crime film directed by Isao Yukisada, based on the manga series by Kyoko Okazaki. A group of high school students experience the brutal front of ...more