A courtroom drama and other movies with lawyers in them can be quite riveting. Movies about lawyers and attorneys are some of the most suspenseful, thought-provoking films in the industry! There’s nothing quite like the thrill of a mystery, an act of crime, and the months that go into a trial. We love movies that feature an in your face kind of famous lawyer who will bring up questions we never even thought to ask!
The lawyer movies on this list feature some of the greatest attorneys in all of film. Who can forget Jack Nicholson's "you can't handle the truth!" or the tenacity of Erin Brockovich? You might also like funny lawyer movies like My Cousin Vinny.
This list has the best movies about lawyers, including classic lawyer movies: A Few Good Men, The Devil’s Advocate, To Kill a Mockingbird, Philadelphia, The Verdict, A Time to Kill, Presumed Innocent, The Firm and Kramer vs. Kramer.
Vote up your favorite lawyer movies you love.
- 14147To Kill a Mockingbird is a 1962 American drama film directed by Robert Mulligan. The... more
- 16767My Cousin Vinny is a 1992 American comedy film written by Dale Launer and directed by Jonathan... more
- 16365A Few Good Men is a 1992 American legal drama film directed by Rob Reiner, based on the play... more
- 12440This film is a 1996 drama film adaptation of John Grisham's 1989 novel of the same name,... more
- 9029The Verdict is a 1982 courtroom drama film that tells the story of a down-on-his-luck... more
- 9033Primal Fear is a 1996 American neo-noir thriller film, based on William Diehl's 1993 novel of... more
- 8443Philadelphia is a 1993 American drama film and one of the first mainstream Hollywood films to... more
- 11644The Lincoln Lawyer is a 2011 American thriller film adapted from the novel of the same name by... more
- 4426Inherit the Wind is a 1960 Hollywood film adaptation of the 1955 play of the same name,... more
- 8043The Firm is a 1993 American legal thriller film directed by Sydney Pollack and starring Tom... more
- 4325The Accused is a 1988 American drama film directed by Jonathan Kaplan, loosely based on the... more
- 15285The Devil's Advocate is a 1997 American mystery thriller film based on Andrew Neiderman's... more
- 5952Legally Blonde is a 2001 American comedy film directed by Robert Luketic, based on the novel... more
- 4631A Civil Action is a 1998 American drama film that was directed by Steven Zaillian, that stars... more
- 4445Liar Liar is a 1997 American comedy film written by Paul Guay and Stephen Mazur, directed by... more
- 3024In the Name of the Father is a 1993 Irish-British-American biographical courtroom drama film... more
- 3828The Paper Chase is a 1973 film starring Timothy Bottoms, Lindsay Wagner, and John Houseman,... more
- 3327Ghosts of Mississippi is a 1996 American drama film directed by Rob Reiner and starring Alec... more
- 91Runaway Jury is a 2003 American thriller film directed by Gary Fleder and starring John... more
- 4157Witness for the Prosecution is a 1957 American courtroom drama film set in the Old Bailey in... more
- 4569...And Justice for All is a 1979 courtroom drama film, directed by Norman Jewison, and... more
- 3855This film is a 1959 American courtroom drama film. It was directed by Otto Preminger and... more
- 236The Rainmaker is a 1997 American drama film written and directed by Francis Ford Coppola and... more
- 1521Compulsion is a 1959 American crime drama film directed by Richard Fleischer. The film is... more
- 1319Young Mr. Lincoln is a 1939 partly fictionalized biopic about the early life of President... more